Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vim/vi fun tutorial info
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers vim/vi fun tutorial info Post 302632539 by gary_w on Monday 30th of April 2012 10:11:19 AM
Old 04-30-2012
vim/vi fun tutorial info

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I just found these via a posting at lifehacker.com and wanted to let folks know. If you are trying to learn vim/vi, one of these fun tutorials may be of some help.

Interactive Vim tutorial:
Interactive Vim tutorial

VIM adventure game. Learn while playing a game:
VIM Adventures

Caveat: I just checked out VIM adventures and it is just 2 levels and you need to provide an e-mail address to register in order to go on to the 3rd level when it is available. Not very useful right now I'm afraid, but an interesting concept nonetheless.

Last edited by gary_w; 04-30-2012 at 12:34 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fun with tar

ok, i've figured out my problem with distributed, in Solaris GUI if you click on a tar file it will untar it for you, using paramiters I don't know. now, I've got a tar file in / called dnetc-solaris26-x86.tar i want to install it to the "/Veitch" directory how exactly do I use the tar... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: veitcha
17 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

like to have fun in terminal

Hai Friends I have installed FreeBSD in my system... I have installed it to work in text mode don't have the GUI. The default text color is Black background with White Foreground. I want it to be with Black background with Green Foreground. How could i do that. Thanks in advance Collins (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

looking for vi (not vim) ctags tutorial

Hello all im looking for beginner tutorial about ctags and vi ( not vim) but all i find how to setup the ctags in vim can some one please point me to tutorial about vi + ctags thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

fun scripts

Lets get a list of everyones funny scripts (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fun with awk

uggc://ra.jvxvcrqvn.bet/jvxv/EBG13 #!/usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { for (n=0;n<26;n++) { x=sprintf("%c",n+65); y=sprintf("%c",(n+13)%26+65) r=y; r=tolower(y) } } { b = "" for (n=1; x=substr($0,n,1); n++) b = b ((y=r)?y:x) print b } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Vim colorscheme info

I wanted to point this out. It took me a long time figure out how to find what color schemes I have. How to use a vi color scheme | vi vim color scheme colorscheme | devdaily.com I recommend just using this command. Every system that I have tried has desert.vim so that is why I searched for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

8. Web Development

Vue JS 2 Tutorial by The Net Ninja: A Recommended Vue.js Video Tutorial Series

A number of people have asked me how to get started with Vue.js and my reply before today was to Google "Vue.js". That has changed and my recommendation to anyone who wants to learn the fastest growing, easiest to learn and use Vue.js web dev framework is to watch this video tutorial series: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
VIMTUTOR(1)						      General Commands Manual						       VIMTUTOR(1)

NAME
vimtutor - the Vim tutor SYNOPSIS
vimtutor [-g] [language] DESCRIPTION
Vimtutor starts the Vim tutor. It copies the tutor file first, so that it can be modified without changing the original file. The Vimtutor is useful for people that want to learn their first Vim commands. The optional argument -g starts vimtutor with gvim rather than vim, if the GUI version of vim is available, or falls back to Vim if gvim is not found. The optional [language] argument is the two-letter name of a language, like "it" or "es". If the [language] argument is missing, the lan- guage of the current locale will be used. If a tutor in this language is available, it will be used. Otherwise the English version will be used. Vim is always started in Vi compatible mode. FILES
/usr/share/vim/vim73/tutor/tutor[.language] The Vimtutor text file(s). /usr/share/vim/vim73/tutor/tutor.vim The Vim script used to copy the Vimtutor text file. AUTHOR
The Vimtutor was originally written for Vi by Michael C. Pierce and Robert K. Ware, Colorado School of Mines using ideas supplied by Charles Smith, Colorado State University. E-mail: bware@mines.colorado.edu. It was modified for Vim by Bram Moolenaar. For the names of the translators see the tutor files. SEE ALSO
vim(1) 2001 April 2 VIMTUTOR(1)