Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sed, join lines that do not match pattern Post 302632497 by petrasl on Monday 30th of April 2012 08:39:11 AM
Old 04-30-2012
You are my hero !!! Smilie Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED: match pattern & delete matched lines

Hi all, I have the following data in a file x.csv: > ,this is some text here > ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2006/11/16,0.23 > ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2006/12/16,0.88 < ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this shouldnt be deleted I need to use SED to match anything with a > in the line and delete that line, can someone help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: not4google
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print all lines after pattern match

HiCan someone show me how to print all lines from a file after a line matching a pattern using sed?Thanks (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed delete blank lines upto first pattern match

Hi Im trying to do the following in sed. I want to delete any blank line at the start of a file until it matches a pattern and then stops. for example: Input output: I have got it to work within a range of two patterns with the following: sed '/1/,/pattern/{/^]*$/d}' The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duonut
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Join the lines until next pattern match

Hi, I have a data file where data is splitted into multiple lines. And, each valid record starts with a patten date | <?xml and ends with pattern </dmm> e.g. 20120924|<?xml record 1 line1....record 1 line1....record 1 line1.... record 1 line2....record 1 line2....record 1 line2.... record 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dipalik
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Join lines on finding a pattern

I have a file with the following contents. DTP START START START DTP START DTP START DTP START I like to join the lines like this DTP START START START DTP START DTP START (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsuresh316
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join all the lines matching similar pattern

I am trying to Join all the lines matching similar pattern. Example ; I wanted to join all the lines which has sam to a single line. In next line, i wanted to have all the lines with jones to a single line....etc > cat sample.txt sam 2012/11/23 sam 2012/12/5 sam 2012/12/5 jones... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evrurs
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join lines from two files based on match

I have two files. File1 >gi|11320906|gb|AF197889.1|_Buchnera_aphidicola ATGAAATTTAAGATAAAAAATAGTATTTT >gi|11320898|gb|AF197885.1|_Buchnera_aphidicola ATGAAATTTAATATAAACAATAAAA >gi|11320894|gb|AF197883.1|_Buchnera_aphidicola ATGAAATTTAATATAAACAATAAAATTTTT File2 AF197885 Uroleucon aeneum... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed/awk join lines once pattern found

Hi all OS - RHEL6.4 I have input file -f1.txt I need to search line which starts with \Start and read next line till it gets blank line and join them all. I need to trim any trailing spaces for each line.So output.txt should be.. \Start\now\fine stepwatch this space for toolsends... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
7 Replies
ROGUE(6)							 BSD Games Manual							  ROGUE(6)

NAME
rogue -- exploring The Dungeons of Doom SYNOPSIS
rogue [-s] [save_file] DESCRIPTION
rogue is a computer fantasy game with a new twist. It is CRT oriented and the object of the game is to survive the attacks of various mon- sters and get a lot of gold, rather than the puzzle solving orientation of most computer fantasy games. To get started you really only need to know two commands. The command ? will give you a list of the available commands and the command / will identify the things you see on the screen. To win the game (as opposed to merely playing to beat other people's high scores) you must locate the Amulet of Yendor which is somewhere below the 20th level of the dungeon and get it out. Nobody has achieved this yet and if somebody does, they will probably go down in history as a hero among heroes. When the game ends, either by your death, when you quit, or if you (by some miracle) manage to win, rogue will give you a list of the top-ten scorers. The scoring is based entirely upon how much gold you get. There is a 10% penalty for getting yourself killed. If save_file is specified, rogue will be restored from the specified saved game file. The -s option will print out the list of scores. For more detailed directions, read the document A Guide to the Dungeons of Doom. FILES
/var/games/rogue.scores Score file ~/rogue.save Default save file SEE ALSO
Michael C. Toy and Kenneth C. R. C. Arnold, A guide to the Dungeons of Doom. AUTHORS
Timothy Stoehr Michael C. Toy Kenneth C. R. C. Arnold Glenn Wichman BUGS
Probably infinite, although none are known. However, that Ice Monsters sometimes transfix you permanently is not a bug. It's a feature. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD