Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove large portion of web page code between two tags Post 302632213 by georgi58 on Sunday 29th of April 2012 01:46:52 PM
Old 04-29-2012
thank you

thank you again.

really appreciate it

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web page hosting

I built my website based on Dreamweaver, on Windows platform. My server uses Unix, and the page doesn't look too good. Is there any way to solve this problem without too much of a headache? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PCL
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove portion of file

Can anyone tell me how to remove a portion of a large file to smaller ones? What I have is a large file that was created becasue several similar files were joined together. Each individual file starts with MSG_HEAD. I want to take everything from MSG_HEAD up to were it says MSG_HEAD again and... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: methos
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which comand to show the source code on a web page?

Hi folks! I am using MacOsX that runs freeBSD. Could you tell me what comand to type on the Unix Terminal to display on the terminal the source code of a certain web page? I think something like #<comand> http://www.apple.com will display on the terminal's window the html source code... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fundidor
11 Replies

4. Solaris

Page cache too large

I have a solaris10 box running a java application on it. Whenever the java app is used heavily, the amount of free memory decreases fairly rapidly. I believe I have eliminated the running applications from the culprit list. In the process I have found that the page cache is consuming about 20G... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: timothy.edwards
4 Replies

5. AIX

amount of memory allocated to large page

We just set up a system to use large pages. I want to know if there is a command to see how much of the memory is being used for large pages. For example if we have a system with 8GB of RAm assigned and it has been set to use 4GB for large pages is there a command to show that 4GB of the *GB is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a portion of data from a very large tab delimited text file

Hi All I wanted to know how to effectively delete some columns in a large tab delimited file. I have a file that contains 5 columns and almost 100,000 rows 3456 f g t t 3456 g h 456 f h 4567 f g h z 345 f g 567 h j k lThis is a very large data file and tab delimited. I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove first portion of string

I have a script which currently uses a file containing a list of directories as an argument. The file is read in to an array, and then the array is iterated in a for loop. What I would like to do is cut off the first few directories of the directory path (they won't exist on the server where the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Page Break in large file

Hi, The shell script inserting the millions of rows into target flat file system and handling the line number for each line. We need a page break line after every 10,000 lines. is there any command to insert a page break line into target file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove the date portion from file name

hi, I am trying to remove the last field before the period (.) from a list of file names in a directory in a shell script. Below is the list of file names. ENVID_archival_20120214092258.log ENVID_Get_Source_Files_20120214091828.log ENVID_Get_Source_Files_20120214092523.log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay81
6 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Loading Animation for Large Man Page Repositories

Should have done this 10 years ago, so better late than never: Just added a "loading" animation to the the man page repositories when they load, especially since some are very large and take many seconds to load. See for example: https://www.unix.com/man-page-opensolaris-repository.php ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
PYTAGS(1)							  [FIXME: manual]							 PYTAGS(1)

NAME
pytags - set and remove tags on media files from filename and options SYNOPSIS
pytags [OPTIONS] file [file...] DESCRIPTION
pytags is a simple, general-purpose tool for setting and removing media file tags. With no options, pytags prints a tag summary for all files specified on the command line. Options can be used to set and remove tags on files. Using --format, it is easy to change or create tags on by parsing metadata from filenames according to an arbitrary format string. This makes it simple to tag files that are consistently named. Additionally, tags can be manipulated directly with the --add, --set, and --remove options. These options are processed in order, so options specified later on the command-line may cause values set by earlier options to be overwritten. These options must appear after the --format, if it is used. OPTIONS
--add=EXPR Append a tag value all files according to EXPR. EXPR should be an expression like "artist=Foo". May be specified multiple times to add multiple values. --format=FORMAT Tag files with metadata extrapolated from filenames using format string FORMAT; see the section called "FORMAT STRINGS". This option must be specified before --add, --set, or --remove. --set=EXPR Set a single tag on all files according to EXPR. EXPR should be an expression like "artist=Foo". May be specified multiple times to set multiple tags. --set cannot be used to specify multiple values for a single tag. To do that, use --remove followed by multiple --add options. --remove=TAG Remove tags named TAG. May be specified more than once to remove multiple tags. -h, --help Show summary of options and exit. -v, --version Show version of program and exit. FORMAT STRINGS
The format string expected by --format is the same as that for pytagsfs. See the pytagsfs manual page for more information. EXAMPLES
Remove the genre tag from all .ogg files in the current directory. $ pytags --remove genre *.ogg Set the artist and album tag on all .mp3 files, and remove the genre tag. $ pytags --set artist=Foo --set album=Bar --remove genre *.mp3 Tag all of the .flac files in the current directory. All such files are assumed to be in the format "tracknum artist - trackname [album].flac". $ pytags --format '%n %a - %t [%l].flac' *.flac BUGS
Please report bugs on launchpad at http://launchpad.net/products/pytagsfs/+bugs. pytags relies on mutagen (the underlying Python tags library) to choose an appropriate tag format for the files being tagged. This cannot currently be overridden. SEE ALSO
pytagsfs(1) AUTHOR
Forest Bond Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007, 2008, 2009 [FIXME: source] 2009-12-04 PYTAGS(1)