Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multi thread awk command for faster performance Post 302632127 by chetan.c on Sunday 29th of April 2012 07:10:50 AM
Old 04-29-2012
Thanks Bartus.

Can you tell me how I can loop this for dynamic number of folders?

Like the number of folders may chnage and the function has to be called for the folders present only.

Thanks,
Chetan.C

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Multi threading using posix thread library

hi all, can anyone tell me some good site for the mutithreading tutorials, its application, and some code examples. -sushil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shushilmore
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which command will be faster? y?

i)wc -c/etc/passwd|awk'{print $1}' ii)ls -al/etc/passwd|awk'{print $5}' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi_g
4 Replies

3. Programming

Multi thread data sharing problem in uclinux

hello, I have wrote a multi thread application to run under uclinux. the problem is that threads does not share data. using the ps command it shows a single process for each thread. I test the application under Ubuntu 8.04 and Open Suse 10.3 with 2.6 kernel and there were no problems and also... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrhosseini
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi thread shell programming

I have a unix directory where a million of small text files getting accumulated every week. As of now there is a shell batch program in place which merges all the files in this directory into a single file and ftp to other system. Previously the volume of the files would be around 1 lakh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vk39221
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Faster way to use this awk command

awk "/May 23, 2012 /,0" /var/tmp/datafile the above command pulls out information in the datafile. the information it pulls is from the date specified to the end of the file. now, how can i make this faster if the datafile is huge? even if it wasn't huge, i feel there's a better/faster way to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a faster alternative to a slow awk command

Hi, I have a large number of input files with two columns of numbers. For example: 83 1453 99 3255 99 8482 99 7372 83 175 I only wish to retain lines where the numbers fullfil two requirements. E.g: =83 1000<=<=2000 To do this I use the following... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: s052866
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substract selective values in multi row, multi column file (using awk or sed?)

Hi, I have a problem where I need to make this input: nameRow1a,text1a,text2a,floatValue1a,FloatValue2a,...,floatValue140a nameRow1b,text1b,text2b,floatValue1b,FloatValue2b,...,floatValue140b look like this output: nameRow1a,text1b,text2a,(floatValue1a - floatValue1b),(floatValue2a -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nricardo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make awk command faster?

I have the below command which is referring a large file and it is taking 3 hours to run. Can something be done to make this command faster. awk -F ',' '{OFS=","}{ if ($13 == "9999") print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$10,$11,$12 }' ${NLAP_TEMP}/hist1.out|sort -T ${NLAP_TEMP} |uniq>... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peu Mukherjee
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make awk command faster for large amount of data?

I have nginx web server logs with all requests that were made and I'm filtering them by date and time. Each line has the following structure: 127.0.0.1 - xyz.com GET 123.ts HTTP/1.1 (200) 0.000 s 3182 CoreMedia/1.0.0.15F79 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 11_4 like Mac OS X; pt_br) These text files are... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: brenoasrm
21 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)