Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host Post 302632015 by Matt_VB on Saturday 28th of April 2012 09:18:52 PM
Old 04-28-2012
Hi Hicksd8,

Thank you for your reply. Due to the details of the project that I am working on, there are no licensing circumvention issues as far as we can discern.

You mentioned : "I know how to do this in a Sparc environment". If you are able to share that information, that could be very beneficial.

The host machine is Windows, but my project is working in the virtual machine environment ( Solaris 10 ).

Hope that clarifies a few of the things from my original post and thank you again for your reply.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Is there any Virtual data center as we have Virtual Machine?

Do we have any Virtual Data Center software as we have Virtual Machine? I want to practice everything of Solaris practically but i don't have resources like data center which includes Servers, Data storages, switches, and other things. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman0931
2 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

virtual box instalation problem in windows XP machine

Hi friends, i have downloaded VirtualBox-3.0.4-50677-Win.exe , when i try to install i have selected virtualbox USB support , virtualbox networking support . when i click the install button, after some progress bar completion , i am getting the below error messages.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
4 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need suggestions on Virtual Machine software for Windows

Hi, I am currently having an issue with Virtualbox. It, at one point in time, worked like a charm. Then my internal 500GB HD failed in my PC. It was under warranty and I sent off for another one but did not want to pay for the expedited shipping nor did I want to wait a few weeks to get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris virtual machine access on host os

Hi I have two solaris 10 virtual machines on my Vista laptop. I want to access both machines using putty in vista. I used DHCP while installing virtual machines. one machine gets the ip address and other does not. What is the problem? can i assign a static ip address if yes how? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

ip on ubuntu installed using Virtual Box

Hi All I have few computers in the same network using a wifi router. In Each of them I installed VirtualBox and I created an image of Ubuntu 8.04 The thing is that each of those images has the same ip eth0=10.0.2.15. Do you know how can I make possible each virtual machine having another IP or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i understand if a Java Virtual Machine is installed on Unix??

Hello, i would like to figute out, if there is any JVM installed on my unix account. How can i figure that out?? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool Hi, I don't seem to have the Virtual Machine Manager Desktop tool set up on my RHEL6 Machine. The Linux machine runs off VMWare player and I'm not sure whether it is a VMWare software issue or a problem with the RHEL6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: accipiter1
2 Replies

8. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 virtual - how do I tell physical host?

uname -a reports type Generic so I know its virtual. Assume its an ldom somewhere. How do I find out what physical host server is? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Providing virtual machine priority in kvm based virtual machines

Hi All, Is there any way I can prioritize my VMs when there is resource crunch in host machine so that some VMs will be allocated more vcpu, more memory than other VMs in kvm/qemu hypervisor based virtual machines? Lets say in my cloud environment my Ubuntu 16 compute hosts are running some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayK
0 Replies
ftpservers(4)							   File Formats 						     ftpservers(4)

NAME
ftpservers - FTP Server virtual hosting configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/ftpd/ftpservers DESCRIPTION
The ftpservers file is used to configure complete virtual hosting. In contrast to limited virtual hosting, complete virtual hosting allows separate configuration files to be specified for each virtual host. The set of configuration files for each virtual host are placed in their own directory. The ftpservers file associates the address of each virtual host with the directory its configuration files are stored in. The virtual host configuration files must be named: ftpaccess Virtual host's access file ftpusers Restricts the accounts that can use the virtual host ftpgroups Virtual hosts enhanced group access file ftphosts Allow or deny usernames access to the virtual host ftpconversions Customize conversions available from the virtual host You do not need to put every file in each virtual host directory. If you want a virtual host to use the master copy of a file, then do not include it in the virtual host directory. If the file is not included, the master copy from the /etc/ftpd directory will be used. The file names must match exactly. If you misspell any of them or name them differently, the server will not find them, and the server will use the master copy instead. The ftpaddhost utility is an administrative tool to configure virtual hosts. See ftpaddhost(1M). File Format There are two fields to each entry in the ftpservers file: address directory-containing-configuration-files For example: 10.196.145.10 /etc/ftpd/virtual-ftpd/10.196.145.10 10.196.145.200 /etc/ftpd//virtual-ftpd/10.196.145.200 some.domain INTERNAL When an FTP client connects to the FTP Server, in.ftpd(1M) tries to match the IP address to which the FTP client connected with one found in the ftpservers file. The address can be an IPv4 or IPv6 address, or a hostname. If a match is found, The FTP server uses any configuration files found in the associated directory. If a match is not found, or an invalid directory path is encountered, the default paths to the configuration files are used. The use of INTERNAL in the example above fails the check for a specific directory, and the master configuration files will be used. Either the actual IP address or a specific hostname can be used to specify the virtual host. It is better to specify the actual IP of the virtual host, as it reduces the need for a domain lookup and eliminates DNS security related naming issues, for example: 10.196.145.20 /etc/ftpd/config/faqs.org/ ftp.some.domain /etc/ftpd/config/faqs.org/ Lines that begin with a # sign are treated as comment lines and are ignored. FILES
/etc/ftpd/ftpservers ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), ftpaccess(4), ftpconversions(4), ftpgroups(4), ftphosts(4), ftpusers(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 1 May 2003 ftpservers(4)