Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH operation timed out
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support SSH operation timed out Post 302631935 by chrisjorg on Saturday 28th of April 2012 01:05:46 PM
Old 04-28-2012
SSH operation timed out

This has never happened before, but my laptop is now unable to access any remote servers. I have tried with 3 independent servers that I have access as recently as last week.

I am not asked for my password,

Code:
home:~ x$ ssh -v -p22 user@server
OpenSSH_5.2p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7l 28 Sep 2006
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config
debug1: Connecting to server [194.57.168.xx] port 22.
debug1: connect to address 194.57.168.xx port 22: Operation timed out
ssh: connect to host serverport 22: Operation timed out

What might I have done wrong? I cleared the known_hosts file after I started having this problem. I can see that ssh_config is probably what is causing me this problem

When I ping any of the remote servers I get no response and on cancelling the request I have 100% packet loss.

Any help appreciated!!!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection Timed out

I connect to a Sun Box through telnet but it timed out in couple of minutes. Advance thanks for any idea...help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

deferred: connection timed out with NT

We recently installed a new release of SCO UNIX (5.0.6) and when I try to relay e-mail from the UNIX box to my NT server (the mail server) I get the following message from sendmail. Deferred: Connection timed out with nt I have nt set up as my relay server in sendmail.cf and the mail seems to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmossman
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

timed commands

Hello, How can I set up events to be executed at a certain time? And do I need some kind of privilege such as being in cron group? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayne
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

connection timed out

I am trying to connect with my hp machine using "dialup networking." It times out after 30 seconds. Is there a way to adjust this time. Would it have anything to do with rexec? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paschal
0 Replies

5. Programming

Timed wait?

Is there any way in which I can make my wait signal to wait for a specified time for child job to complete. And if that time is over, the program gets out of the wait signal to process other things (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjul_thegreat
4 Replies

6. Solaris

I/O timed out

I have Ultra 45 Sun solaris box with Solaris 10 installed. My problem is when i boot the unix box, i got the message: What does this message meant? then it does not continue to boot successfully. Please help. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I make a timed script

Hello, I would like to make a script, ideally in perl since I am most familair with it, that does the following: automatically starts up at 9 pm, searches through a specified directory for any new files, finds those new files and starts to run them through a pipeline. I have most of it worked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amcrisan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timed Scripts

Hi all I need a little bit of help, i am looking for a script that can have different events in it and then if it is a certain day email me about it some sort of email reminder system any ideas thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
4 Replies

10. AIX

Ssh connection timed out

Hello, I have two AIX6.1 machines that can communicate with each other through ssh. The problem is that one of them somehow closes the connection after some time and i don't know the reason of that. For example today i send through rsync command 7 files from one server to the other. It send... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
7 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)