Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris VM server (LDOMS) HOWTOs/Examples [Request] Post 302631709 by stevie_velvet on Friday 27th of April 2012 05:57:54 PM
Old 04-27-2012
Hi
I've read the administration guide thanks, but am after real world examples
ms stevie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

looking for .profile examples

I'm looking for some 'well documented' .profile examples (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimC
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need examples?

Can someone give me an example of two shells? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SimpleAWK Examples

Can Anyone please give me some simple AWK Examples to clearly understand the usage and syntax of the command. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxusr123
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Awk and Sed examples

Hi all, I tried to understand what this awk and sed does but cudnt understand. Can any body explain what awk and sed means with one simple example each and complex examples each with explanation. Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
7 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to send non get request from linux server

Hi I want to send non get request for HTTP from linux server. Please let me knwo how to do that Thanks Lakshmikant (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmikant
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

lwp-request examples

Hi; Can i have ne sample examples of of using " lwp-request" in shell script. Is it necessary to have perl installed already in linux box for using this; Thnks; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need lot of examples

Hi, I need a word doc or pdf which contains lots of Shell Programming samples... This is for my open book examination, thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeayan
2 Replies

8. Solaris

One virtual disk server or more for LDOMs?

Is it better to use single or multiple virtual disk servers? The host has multiple physical disk sets in multiple zpools. Should I use, say# ldm add-vds primary-vds0 primary # ldm add-vds primary-vds1 primary and then do the add-vdsdev to -vds0 and vds1 depending on which disk / zpool... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad101
3 Replies
UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)						 Debian GNU/Linux					    UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)

NAME
update-rcconf-guide - Create default guide file for rcconf SYNOPSIS
update-rcconf-guide DESCRIPTION
Update-rcconf-guide creates the default guide file which rcconf uses. Update-rcconf-guide searches the package names corresponding to each service file in /etc/init.d directory from dpkg info files(/var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list) and get the description of these packages using apt-cache. Update-rcconf-guide uses Short-Description in priority to the description if service files has Short-Description field. Update-rcconf-guide writes those results to /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default file. You can write your own guide in user guide file(/var/lib/rcconf/guide) by hand. Rcconf refers Guides in /var/lib/rcconf/guide before those in /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default. If you install some packages after executed update-rcconf-guide, you need to re-create this file using update-rcconf-guide so as to refresh guide.default that includes new guides for installed new services. Notice: update-rcconf-guide was not executed when you installed rcconf package. FILE
/var/lib/rcconf/guide.default Guide File update-rcconf-guide generates. /var/lib/rcconf/guide Guide File user(Administrator) can define. SEE ALSO
rcconf(8) AUTHOR
Atsushi KAMOSHIDA <kamop@debian.org> perl v5.10.1 2009-01-21 UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)