Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris VM server (LDOMS) HOWTOs/Examples [Request] Post 302631649 by stevie_velvet on Friday 27th of April 2012 03:59:42 PM
Old 04-27-2012
VM server (LDOMS) HOWTOs/Examples [Request]

Hi

I have a T4-1, equipped with Solaris 10 & VM 2.1-server Build (default build of 6 Guest domains. There 2 single port Fibre Cards

(1) How to I make accessible Local storage accessuibel to a Guest domain ?
I have 6 x 300GB disk and was thinking of cretaing a ZFS RAIDZ Pool from them prior, or is that not the correct logical first step ?

(2) How do I reconfigure a guest domain for, let say 8GB of Memory & 300GB of Local storage or 300GB of Fibre storage

(3) Also exmaple of configuring the vSwitch. with 4NICs & upto 6 VMS, I'm thinking of bonding two NICs with the remain NICS as failovers, with both production, managment & Backup traffic accross the same NICs - There is a spearte Backup Network

(4) How to monitor these guest domains

Many thanks in advance for yor examples

ms. stevie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

looking for .profile examples

I'm looking for some 'well documented' .profile examples (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimC
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need examples?

Can someone give me an example of two shells? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SimpleAWK Examples

Can Anyone please give me some simple AWK Examples to clearly understand the usage and syntax of the command. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxusr123
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Awk and Sed examples

Hi all, I tried to understand what this awk and sed does but cudnt understand. Can any body explain what awk and sed means with one simple example each and complex examples each with explanation. Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
7 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to send non get request from linux server

Hi I want to send non get request for HTTP from linux server. Please let me knwo how to do that Thanks Lakshmikant (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmikant
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

lwp-request examples

Hi; Can i have ne sample examples of of using " lwp-request" in shell script. Is it necessary to have perl installed already in linux box for using this; Thnks; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need lot of examples

Hi, I need a word doc or pdf which contains lots of Shell Programming samples... This is for my open book examination, thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeayan
2 Replies

8. Solaris

One virtual disk server or more for LDOMs?

Is it better to use single or multiple virtual disk servers? The host has multiple physical disk sets in multiple zpools. Should I use, say# ldm add-vds primary-vds0 primary # ldm add-vds primary-vds1 primary and then do the add-vdsdev to -vds0 and vds1 depending on which disk / zpool... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad101
3 Replies
asadmin-list-domains(1AS)					   User Commands					 asadmin-list-domains(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-domains, list-domains - lists the domains in the given domains directory SYNOPSIS
list-domains [--domaindir install_dir/domains] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] list-domains lists the domains in the given domains directory. This command is supported in local mode only. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domains are located. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not specified, the domains in the default install_dir/domains directory are listed. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Example 1: Using list-domains asadmin> list-domains List of domains: domain1 running samples not running Where: the domain1 and samples are listed and their status printed. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-delete-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-domains(1AS)