Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Debian Stable + KDE
Operating Systems Linux Debian Debian Stable + KDE Post 302631601 by Krohon on Friday 27th of April 2012 01:33:54 PM
Old 04-27-2012
While there is not a "KDebian" release I am aware of, it is easy to install KDE on a running Debian. Please check Debian KDE team web page.

To automate the install of KDE without first installing Gnome it's perhaps best to edit the TaskSel configuration.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Debian

kde, startx on debian

Hello :-)! I installed Debian (I downloaded it on may 2009 so it is new version) from CD. I run it and see only text console. I try to type "kde" or "startx" but it doens't recognize those commands. That's difficult for me to believe that Linux from CD doesn't contain graphical interface so I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnyjj2
2 Replies
KDE4-CONFIG(1)							 KDE User's Manual						    KDE4-CONFIG(1)

NAME
kde4-config - Prints KDE installation paths SYNOPSIS
kde4-config [--expandvars] [--prefix] [--exec-prefix] [--libsuffix] [--localprefix] [--version] [--types] [--path type] [--userpath type] [--install type] DESCRIPTION
kde4-config is a command line program used to retrieve information about KDE installation or user paths. Use this program to determine where the various aspects of the KDE installation reside on your system. OPTIONS
--expandvars expand ${prefix} and ${exec_prefix} in output --prefix Compiled in prefix for KDE libraries --exec-prefix Compiled in exec_prefix for KDE libraries --libsuffix Compiled in library path suffix --localprefix Prefix in $HOME used to write files --version Compiled in version string for KDE libraries --types Print a list of all available KDE resource types --path type Search path for the specified type --userpath type User paths for the types: desktop|autostart|trash|document --install type Prefix to install resource files to EXAMPLES
Print the top-level KDE installation directory: % kde4-config --prefix Print a list of all resource types: % kde4-config --types Print the installed wallpaper path: % kde4-config --path wallpaper SEE ALSO
kdeoptions(7) BUGS
None known. AUTHOR
Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org> Author. K Desktop Environment 2007-09-28 KDE4-CONFIG(1)