Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Foreground sesu SSH with here document Post 302631571 by doonan_79 on Friday 27th of April 2012 01:04:44 PM
Old 04-27-2012
But that's my point - this is in the foreground - it is interactive. I want it to prompt the user for a password and for them to enter it. This is a backup method in case SSH DSA keys are corrupted or not in place for some reason.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute SAS Foreground

Hi, I am executing the SAS program using Unix script to call SAS program, but i would like to run that SAS program in forground mode, does anyone know what is command. Thanks in advance!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: terala
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get background job to foreground

hi, i am just wondering that wen we give the following code we make a process run in background...can the viceversa be performed?i.e can this be made foreground again # sleep 75& 21751 # (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandilya
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh and here document

Hi :) how can I use here doc to use ssh? I am facing a problem with the below script: #!/bin/bash ssh hosein@localhost << * 123456 * "123456" is my password Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: htabesh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Background and Foreground of a process within a script

I'm not sure if it is even possible but I figured if it was someone here would know how to do it... I am running a script which starts a bunch of processes in the background but there is one process I would like to bring back to the foreground when complete. Unfortunately the process that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctruhn
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bringing a process to the foreground

If i have a single file i would just press fg but if i have multiple files running in the backgound and want to bring a specific one to the foreground how would i do that? Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bringing a nohup process to foreground

Hi, I have used nohup command to run a process in background. i ran successfully and i exit from that terminal. But when i login for the next time I am not able to see the process but it is working, since I am getting a e-mail alert for error issue. Please let me know how to bring that process... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbguy
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Here document inside a here document?

Can we use a here document inside a here document? Something like this ssh user@remotehost << REMOTE sudo vserver vsernamename enter << VSERVER perform actions on vserver. VSERVER REMOTE (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
6 Replies

8. Programming

Background SSH using here document

I'm trying to use Here documents to pass several commands to a remote server over SSH. However I'm having problems. The code is as follows: nohup ssh $i_hostname exec /usr/bin/ksh -s << EOF >> $AS_STOPSAP_LOG & echo $i_instname; ps -ef | grep name | grep ${i_instname} |grep -v grep ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: doonan_79
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh uses here-document problem

I try to ssh uses bash script in here-document like this. ssh root@$SERVER <<EOF if ; then service httpd start fi exit EOF But got an error below. maybe the if command causes the problem. Thanks for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muffle
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic logon via PUTTY and sesu -

Hi, I need to write a script to automate the logon via putty with Sesu-. can someone help me? thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: austrold
1 Replies
BACKUP_QUIT(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BACKUP_QUIT(8)

NAME
backup_quit - Leaves interactive mode SYNOPSIS
quit [-help] q [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup quit command exits interactive mode, returning the issuer to the regular shell prompt at which the backup or backup interactive command was issued to enter interactive mode. The command has no effect when issued outside interactive mode. Issuing the Ctrl-D command also exits interactive mode. CAUTIONS
To exit interactive mode, all jobs must be completed. Use the backup jobs command to list any jobs currently pending or executing, and the backup kill command to terminate them as necessary. OPTIONS
-help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command exits interactive mode: backup> quit % PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_interactive(8), backup_jobs(8), backup_kill(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_QUIT(8)