Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Script Implementation for Disabling Re-Opening Previous Login Post 302631355 by xbin on Friday 27th of April 2012 08:46:36 AM
Old 04-27-2012
I suggest that you read the defaults manual. Focus on the four paragraphs under the DESCRIPTION heading. The file- /Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences is modified when you write to the NSGlobalDomain. So,
Code:
defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSQuitAlwaysKeepsWindows -bool 'false'

would write the preference key "NSQuitAlwaysKeepsWindows" and the value to /Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences

Note: I did not test this. Use at your own risk. It would be advisable to understand how to remove the preference key should any problems arise.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing and executing a script in RTR implementation of UNIX

Can anybody provide a complete procedure for writing and executing a script in RTR(real time reliable) implementation of UNIX (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahajan.anubhav
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disabling ctrl-Z key inside shell script

Hi I have tried to disable the CTRL-Z key inside a shell(sh) script using the command trap "`echo "Ctrl-Z key disabled"`" 20But I am not able to exit from the script after pressing CTRL-Z key. How to proceed this? Need reply soon (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: suganthic
11 Replies

3. SCO

Disabling root login

Hy, Coud someone tell me how to disable root login via terminal (only from console should be allowed). There is no ssh installed, only telnet. I created a user which will have permission to su to root, but now i don't know where and what to modify to disable root login? SCO OpenServer 5 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veccinho
1 Replies

4. AIX

Problems with disabling remote root login

Hello! I'm going through security checklist for AIX 5.3 and i just can't disable remote login for root through ssh. What i did: - in /etc/security/user i added a line: rlogin = false which works fine when i try to login through telnet - after installation of openSSH i edited... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veccinho
3 Replies

5. AIX

disabling telnet login for root only

Hi, I want to disable telnet login for root only so that other users can telnet? Regards, Manoj (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening a File with a script

Hi, i am writing a script for exporting tables in oracle, my requirement is to take parameters from the user in a file.. i have to open vi the file,, once user is done with entering the parameters i have to save the file and execite the command exp parfile=exp_2.par .. please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script commad implementation - urgent help

I modified the .profile of a user id to start "script" when the user logs in. When the user logs out, I have added a trap command in the .profile file to capture the exit signal. And in that trap command, I have added the creation of a file called .logout. And in the .logout file, I have added... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove previous line if next & previous lines have same 4th character.

I want to remove commands having no output. In below text file. bash-3.2$ cat abc_do_it.txt grpg10so>show trunk group all status grpg11so>show trunk group all status grpg12so>show trunk group all status GCPKNYAIGT73IMO 1440 1345 0 0 94 0 0 INSERVICE 93% 0%... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disabling CBC Cipher mode causes login problems

Hi, As part of the security hardening activity in our team, we have to disable CBC mode cipher encryption, and enable CTR or GCM cipher mode encryption. To do this, in sshd_config I comment out these lines : Ciphers aes128-cbc,blowfish-cbc,3des-cbc MACS hmac-sha1,hmac-md5 and add... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
9 Replies
SmartCardServices-legacy(7)			       BSD Miscellaneous Information Manual			       SmartCardServices-legacy(7)

NAME
SmartCardServices-legacy -- overview of legacy SmartCard support DESCRIPTION
SmartCardServices-legacy is a set of components which add native support for SmartCards to OS X based on Tokend modules. Since OS X 10.12, there is SmartCard support which is described in SmartCardServices(7) Supported SmartCards appear as separate keychains. A Tokend module for each SmartCard you wish to use must be installed in /Library/Security/tokend USB SMART CARD READER DRIVERS
OS X has built-in support for USB CCID class-compliant SmartCard readers. For other readers, install the reader driver in /usr/local/libexec/SmartCardServices/drivers. Each driver is a bundle. The bundle contains an XML file Info.plist which contains the device's USB vendor ID and product ID. For detailed description of the plist format and how to write a reader driver, see http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/api/group__IFDHandler.html SMART CARD APDU LOGGING
It is possible to turn on logging for SmartCards by setting the global preference: sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.smartcard Logging -bool yes After a SmartCard reader is connected (or after reboot) all operations including contents of sent and received APDU messages are then logged into the system log. Logging uses the facility com.apple.security.smartcard.log so it is possible to set up filtering of these logs into custom targets (see asl.conf(5)) To avoid security risks that could occur if logging is turned on indefinitely, the logging setting is one-shot - it must be turned on by the command above to start logging again with a new reader. This includes unplugging and replugging the same reader. DISABLING NEW SMART CARD SUPPORT
It is possible to turn of the new tokens by setting the global preference: sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.smartcard DisabledTokens -array com.apple.CryptoTokenKit.pivtoken DISABLING SHEET AUTHORIZATION IN PREFERENCES
When using tokend-based SmartCards, according to your configuration you may not be able to use SmartCards for authorization in System Prefer- ences sheets. In such case, you can disable sheets using following command: defaults write com.apple.Preferences UseSheets -bool FALSE System Preferences will then use the original dialog-based authorization. ENTITLEMENT
Sandboxed PCSC clients require 'com.apple.security.smartcard=YES' entitlement. Non-sandboxed PCSC clients do not require such entitlement (in order to keep backward compatibility with macOS < 10.10). SEE ALSO
SmartCardServices(7), sc_auth(8), defaults(1), asl.conf(5), ssh-keychain(8) Mac OS X August 5, 2014 Mac OS X