Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Background SSH using here document Post 302631309 by jim mcnamara on Friday 27th of April 2012 07:50:29 AM
Old 04-27-2012
where is the i_instname variable set?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh and here document

Hi :) how can I use here doc to use ssh? I am facing a problem with the below script: #!/bin/bash ssh hosein@localhost << * 123456 * "123456" is my password Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: htabesh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Here document inside a here document?

Can we use a here document inside a here document? Something like this ssh user@remotehost << REMOTE sudo vserver vsernamename enter << VSERVER perform actions on vserver. VSERVER REMOTE (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using ssh to execute a remote script in the background

Help please!! I want to use ssh to execute a remote exe and while it's running I want to query for the process ID of the exe (2 different ssh commands) 1. sshpass -p "<passwd>" ssh -f -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no root@<ipaddress> nohup /tmp/mmds_asyn & 2.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvompoluTMW
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PID from background ssh

Hello. I was wondering if someone can help me out with something. To simplify my life, I have written a tiny script to open an ssh tunnel through another linux host so that I can access the esxi hosts on that network using the client. For this I have to tunnel ports 443, 902, and 903. Here is what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: numetheus
1 Replies

5. Programming

Background (nohup * &) SSH command block possible?

Hello, I am trying to find a way to send several sequential commands via SSH to a remote box in a single command. Thoughts so far: 1) Can I put them into a function and call the function within the ssh command? e.g. ssh <targetserver> $(functionx) No - then it calls the function in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: doonan_79
4 Replies

6. Programming

Foreground sesu SSH with here document

I'm trying to write a foreground (password prompt) ssh command, passing in a here doc - any idea where I'm going wrong? ssh <user>@<targetserver> /usr/seos/bin/sesu - <targuser> -c /usr/bin/ksh "param1" << EOF date echo ${1} EOF Tells me "Invalid option param1". However a simple date... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: doonan_79
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh uses here-document problem

I try to ssh uses bash script in here-document like this. ssh root@$SERVER <<EOF if ; then service httpd start fi exit EOF But got an error below. maybe the if command causes the problem. Thanks for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muffle
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh in the background

Hi, I am trying to execute an ssh command in my script. ssh abcd@server_name After this command it actually logs in to the server asking for password prompt and then actually logs in to the server. I want all this to be happening in the background and show noithing in the output of my... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vital_parsley
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a background script using ssh keys

Greetings, i've been working with a user-friendly menu on ksh to allow users execute scripts located on a remote server, so they wont have to login and manually launch those scripts every single time. This is a HP-UX box and currently on a /usr/bin/ksh shell. I've setup ssh keys on both... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nbriozzo
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo ssh with command running in background

I am trying to run a command. This is one of my attempts: for i in fileservera; do ssh -t $i 'sudo ls /';doneThis works, and I see the directories. However, what I want to do now is start a process on the remote server such as /usr/bin/connectproc -standalonesudo /usr/bin/connectproc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
1 Replies
set(n)							       Tcl Built-In Commands							    set(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
set - Read and write variables SYNOPSIS
set varName ?value? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Returns the value of variable varName. If value is specified, then set the value of varName to value, creating a new variable if one doesn't already exist, and return its value. If varName contains an open parenthesis and ends with a close parenthesis, then it refers to an array element: the characters before the first open parenthesis are the name of the array, and the characters between the parentheses are the index within the array. Otherwise varName refers to a scalar variable. Normally, varName is unqualified (does not include the names of any containing namespaces), and the variable of that name in the current namespace is read or written. If varName includes names- pace qualifiers (in the array name if it refers to an array element), the variable in the specified namespace is read or written. If no procedure is active, then varName refers to a namespace variable (global variable if the current namespace is the global namespace). If a procedure is active, then varName refers to a parameter or local variable of the procedure unless the global command was invoked to declare varName to be global, or unless a variable command was invoked to declare varName to be a namespace variable. SEE ALSO
expr(n), proc(n), trace(n), unset(n) KEYWORDS
read, write, variable Tcl set(n)