Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LUN Presentation
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat LUN Presentation Post 302631279 by Duffs22 on Friday 27th of April 2012 07:17:47 AM
Old 04-27-2012
Hi,

The following example is of 2 paths, but which one do create on the OS?

Code:
> 
> Disk /dev/sdg: 214.7 GB, 214748364800 bytes
> 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 26108 cylinders
> Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
> 
> 
> Disk /dev/sdh: 214.7 GB, 214748364800 bytes
> 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 26108 cylinders
> Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

Are there multipath command alternatives to the fdisk approach?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

format date/time presentation

1) i am trying to print the timeframe of a log file using the start/end date/time being extracted from the file itself. my problem is how to convert the following numeric date format to the one that i prefer: Start time: 0204161129 End time : 0204171431 into: Start time: Apr 16 2002... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
6 Replies

2. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Wireless presentation system for mac

I am a system developer for a major university and currently trying to find out WPS software for mac that can connect a mac to a wireless projector server. The software functions with Win OS XP and 7. The server is a EDIMAX WP-S1100 WIRELESS PROJECTOR SERVER. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobilemaster
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logs Presentation

Hello All, I am trying to capture system logs for specific tools run by users. So my script create logs from 10 different server.So is there any script & tool from that i can read or present them easily ?. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
1 Replies
DISKTAB(5)							File Formats Manual							DISKTAB(5)

NAME
disktab - disk description file SYNOPSIS
#include <disktab.h> DESCRIPTION
Disktab is a simple date base which describes disk geometries and disk partition characteristics. The format is patterned after the term- cap(5) terminal data base. Entries in disktab consist of a number of `:' separated fields. The first entry for each disk gives the names which are known for the disk, separated by `|' characters. The last name given should be a long name fully identifying the disk. The following list indicates the normal values stored for each disk entry. Name Type Description ns num Number of sectors per track nt num Number of tracks per cylinder nc num Total number of cylinders on the disk b0 str Filename of block zero primary bootstrap for device ba num Block size for partition `a' (bytes) bd num Block size for partition `d' (bytes) be num Block size for partition `e' (bytes) bf num Block size for partition `f' (bytes) bg num Block size for partition `g' (bytes) bh num Block size for partition `h' (bytes) fa num Fragment size for partition `a' (bytes) fd num Fragment size for partition `d' (bytes) fe num Fragment size for partition `e' (bytes) ff num Fragment size for partition `f' (bytes) fg num Fragment size for partition `g' (bytes) fh num Fragment size for partition `h' (bytes) pa num Size of partition `a' in sectors pb num Size of partition `b' in sectors pc num Size of partition `c' in sectors pd num Size of partition `d' in sectors pe num Size of partition `e' in sectors pf num Size of partition `f' in sectors pg num Size of partition `g' in sectors ph num Size of partition `h' in sectors se num Sector size in bytes (default 512) sf bool supports bad144-style bad sector forwarding so bool partition offsets in sectors ty str Type of disk (e.g. removable, winchester) Disktab entries may be automatically generated with the diskpart program. FILES
/etc/disktab SEE ALSO
newfs(8), diskpart(8), getdiskbyname(3) BUGS
This file shouldn't exist, the information should be stored on each disk pack. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution May 17, 1986 DISKTAB(5)