Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in tokenizing the string Post 302631165 by saurabhkoar on Friday 27th of April 2012 02:09:24 AM
Old 04-27-2012
Problem in tokenizing the string

Supposed I have a string in the format:

Code:
<service_name> = <ldap user FDN> : <password>

Code:
DNS = cn=user1,o=company : pwd

I want to tokenize like:

Code:
service name:DNS
UserName: cn=user1,o=company
Password: pwd.

Because of the '=' sign between Service Name and LDAP Name I not struggling to parse it. Please help.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 04-27-2012 at 03:32 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

An Idea for Tokenizing

One of the monitoring tools in Java is called `jps`, and it monitors all Java processes that are run by the user, an example output would be like this: 3459 Jps 2348 test 2311 Util where the first column represents Process IDs and the second column represents Java processes names.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem - replacement string should be same length as matching string.

Hi guys, I hope you can help me with my problem. I have a text file that contains lines like this: 78 ANGELO -809.05 79 ANGELO2 -5,000.06 I need to find all occurences of amounts that are negative and replace them with x's 78 ANGELO xxxxxxx 79... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amangeles
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with if -z string

someone please help me out here. i am not a newbie. i just haven't posted on this board in years. i'm talking at least two and a half years. My last user name was TRUEST. i couldn't log into this name because i forgot my password and my aol email address has long been deleted. anyway, i'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Terrible
1 Replies

4. Programming

Problem returning string

Hi all, I have been trying with RSA encryption and decryption. I was able to write a code which worked fine. Then I split it into functions as part of a requirement. However I am not getting the expected result everytime. I know it has something to do with how I am returning but it just does not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Treasa
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tokenizing a String in unix

Hi All, I have String i want to tokenize based on one delimiter. Original String is -pComments.properties,-iPELF4 i want to tokenize the original string based on ',' (comma) as delimiter and collect them individually like string1=-pComments.properties string2=-iPELF4 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Runaway String Problem

Database.txt John:30:40 echo -n "New Title Please :" read NewTitle awk -F":" 'OFS = ":"{ $1 = "'$NewTitle'" ; print $0 } ' Database.txt> Database2.txt mv Database2.txt Database.txt what this does, is that when i input something into $NewTitle, it will update $1 which is "John" into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

string tokenizing

I have a string that looks like this: blahblahblah_^substring^_blahblahblah I need to extract substring, the bit between the ^ characters, into another string variable. This will be in a bash shell script. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daflore
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

if PATH contains a certain string problem!

Hi I am using MKS Toolkit c shell. I want to basically check if my PATH variable already contains a certain path directory so I tried this (it didnt work!): if: Expression Syntax if ( echo $path |grep -c c:/PROGRA~1/blah/blah ) then please help me get this little statement to work. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vas28r13
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in comparing 2 files string by string

Hi Champs, I am a newbie to unix world, and I am trying to built a script which seems to be far tough to be done alone by me..... " I am having a raw csv file which contains around 50 fields..." From that file I have to grep 2 fields "A" and "B"....field "A" is to be aligned vertically... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitendra.pat04
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a long string string problem for procmail

Hi everyone, I am working on fetchmail + procmail to filter mails and I am having problem with parsing a long line in the body of the email. Could anyone help me construct a reg exp for this string below. It needs to match exactly as this string. GetRyt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwiggler
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)