Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting removing the words with symbols in a file in unix Post 302631155 by vinothsekark on Friday 27th of April 2012 01:05:45 AM
Old 04-27-2012
Thanks all it works. Thank you very much.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting symbols and characters between two words

Hi Please tell me how could i delete symbols, whitespaces, characters, words everything between two words in a line. Let my file is aaa BB ccc ddd eee FF kkk xxx 123456 BB 44^& iop FF 999 xxx uuu rrr BB hhh nnn FF 000 I want to delete everything comes in between BB and FF( deletion... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rish_max
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing 2 words from file.

Hi All, I have a text file with name of source files in that. source files ends with .mxml and .css. Now I want to remove the extensions of these source files. Currently I can do so by writing 2 sed commands, as there are files with just 2 different extensions. But I want to do it in one sed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing identical words in column

I have a file that needs to be cleaned up. Here is the file: Project Project John Project Gary Project Sean Project2 Project2 Lisa Project2 Tyler Project2 Sam Project3 Project3 Mike Project3 Bran I need the o/p to be: Project John Gary Sean Project2 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepet01
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Symbols From a File like the copyright symbol

Hi guys, I have a txt file full of funny symbols like the copyright symbol and other funny ones that get in the way when trying to use sed. For example, not sure if you can read this but I have a line that looks like this: 24(9):995Â*1001 DOI: 10.1007/s11606-009-1053-2 © When I'm using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joshdg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional removing of words from a line

Hi , I have a .csv file,from which I want to remove some data from each column as below. Source Data GT_12_AUDIT,SCHEDULED,NOZOMI2010/GT_12_AUDIT,CTSCAN/Zh_GT_6547887/GT_12_AUDIT,CTSCAN/Zh_GT_6547887... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and append words in the same file using unix scripting file operations

Hi , I have a file myhost.txt which contains below, 127.0.0.1 localhost 1.17.1.5 atrpx958 11.17.10.11 atrpx958zone nsybhost I need to append words only after "atrpx958" like 'myhost' and 'libhost' and not after atrpx958zone. How to search the word atrpx958(which is hostname) only,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsreeni
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed command for removing symbols

Hi I am trying to remove all the symbols in a file (testfile1) and using the below command to do that. Its not working for me. Can you help me on what is wrong with below script? I want to retain only alphabets in a file and remove all the symbols like *:.+= etc sed 's/^.//g' testfile1 > testfile2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepcm
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add words in beginning , end after removing a word in a file

My file has the entries like below... /dev/sds /dev/sdak /dev/sdbc /dev/sdbu I want to make the file like below echo 1 > /sys/block/sds/device/rescan echo 1 > /sys/block/sdak/device/rescan echo 1 > /sys/block/sdbc/device/rescan echo 1 > /sys/block/sdbu/device/rescan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanapandi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using key words or symbols to determine parser

There are multiple conditions in which the user can input data. 1. > 2. del 3. ins 4. delins The user input is saved in a specific directory using the code below: Code: cd 'C:' C:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/python.exe C:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/run_batch_job.py... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Removing unwanted symbols with sed

I would like produce blue, green, red, yellowfrom"blue:,*green:,*red:,*yellowI can remove the colon with echo "blue:,*green:,*red:,*yellow" | sed 's/://g'which givesblue,*green,*red,*yellowbut when I try echo "blue:,*green:,*red:,*yellow" | sed 's/://g'; 's/*//g'I get bash: s/*//g: No such... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xubuntu56
9 Replies
GVMAP.SH(1)						      General Commands Manual						       GVMAP.SH(1)

NAME
gvmap.sh - pipeline for running gvmap SYNOPSIS
gvmap.sh [-vV?] [ options ] [ -o outfile ] [ files ] DESCRIPTION
gvmap.sh takes as input a graph in DOT format, performs a layout, runs the output through gvmap and renders the output. At some point, it is hoped to integrate all of these tasks into gvmap. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a k The integer k specifies the average number of artificial points added along the bounding box of the labels. Such artificial points are added to avoid a country boundary cutting through the boundary box of the labels. Computing time is proportional to k; hence, for large graphs, a small value of k is suggested. If k = -1, a suitable value of k is automatically selected based on the graph size. By default k = -1. -K layout specifies which program should be use for the initial layout. By default, sfdp is run. Also by default, the layout is passed the flag -Goverlap=prism. This can be overridden using a -g flag. -T format specifies the final output format. This works the same way as the -T flag for any Graphviz layout program. -N attr=val specifies the setting of a default node attribute during the rendering phase. This works the same way as the -N flag for any Graphviz layout program. -G attr=val specifies the setting of a graph attribute during the rendering phase. This works the same way as the -G flag for any Graphviz lay- out program. -E attr=val specifies the setting of a default edge attribute during the rendering phase. This works the same way as the -E flag for any Graphviz layout program. -n attr=val specifies the setting of a default node attribute during the layout phase. This works the same way as the -N flag for any Graphviz layout program. -g attr=val specifies the setting of a graph attribute during the layout phase. This works the same way as the -G flag for any Graphviz layout program. -e attr=val specifies the setting of a default edge attribute during the layout phase. This works the same way as the -E flag for any Graphviz layout program. -A flag specifies a flag to be passed to gvmap. For example, gvmap.sh -Ae -As3 causes gvmap -e -s3 to be run. -v Set verbose mode. -V Print version information and exit. -? Print usage information and exit. EXAMPLES
The following invocation creates a map with edges in semi-transparent light gray and nodes laid out using sfdp: gvmap.sh -Ae -Ecolor=#55555522 -Tpng foo.gv > foo.png It is equivalent to running the pipeline sfdp -Goverlap=prism foo.gv | gvmap -e | neato -n2 -Ecolor=#55555522 -Tpng > foo.png AUTHOR
Emden R. Gansner <erg@research.att.com> SEE ALSO
gvmap(1), sfdp(1), neato(1), gvpr(1) E. R. Gansner, Y. Hu, S. G. Kobourov, "GMap: Visualizing graphs and clusters as maps," Proc. Pacific Vis. 2010, pp. 201-208. 31 March 2011 GVMAP.SH(1)