Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Script Implementation for Disabling Re-Opening Previous Login Post 302630903 by unimachead on Thursday 26th of April 2012 12:42:07 PM
Old 04-26-2012
Thanks, xbin. The only GlobalPreferences I'm finding might possibly be an "MCX" file within the user template. Is there another place I should search?

---------- Post updated at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
It means that sudo needs to ask for a password, and can't, because your program isn't run from a terminal.
Would the following work, Corona688?

$ADMINS ALL = NOPASSWD: LOCATE

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing and executing a script in RTR implementation of UNIX

Can anybody provide a complete procedure for writing and executing a script in RTR(real time reliable) implementation of UNIX (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahajan.anubhav
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disabling ctrl-Z key inside shell script

Hi I have tried to disable the CTRL-Z key inside a shell(sh) script using the command trap "`echo "Ctrl-Z key disabled"`" 20But I am not able to exit from the script after pressing CTRL-Z key. How to proceed this? Need reply soon (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: suganthic
11 Replies

3. SCO

Disabling root login

Hy, Coud someone tell me how to disable root login via terminal (only from console should be allowed). There is no ssh installed, only telnet. I created a user which will have permission to su to root, but now i don't know where and what to modify to disable root login? SCO OpenServer 5 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veccinho
1 Replies

4. AIX

Problems with disabling remote root login

Hello! I'm going through security checklist for AIX 5.3 and i just can't disable remote login for root through ssh. What i did: - in /etc/security/user i added a line: rlogin = false which works fine when i try to login through telnet - after installation of openSSH i edited... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veccinho
3 Replies

5. AIX

disabling telnet login for root only

Hi, I want to disable telnet login for root only so that other users can telnet? Regards, Manoj (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening a File with a script

Hi, i am writing a script for exporting tables in oracle, my requirement is to take parameters from the user in a file.. i have to open vi the file,, once user is done with entering the parameters i have to save the file and execite the command exp parfile=exp_2.par .. please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script commad implementation - urgent help

I modified the .profile of a user id to start "script" when the user logs in. When the user logs out, I have added a trap command in the .profile file to capture the exit signal. And in that trap command, I have added the creation of a file called .logout. And in the .logout file, I have added... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove previous line if next & previous lines have same 4th character.

I want to remove commands having no output. In below text file. bash-3.2$ cat abc_do_it.txt grpg10so>show trunk group all status grpg11so>show trunk group all status grpg12so>show trunk group all status GCPKNYAIGT73IMO 1440 1345 0 0 94 0 0 INSERVICE 93% 0%... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disabling CBC Cipher mode causes login problems

Hi, As part of the security hardening activity in our team, we have to disable CBC mode cipher encryption, and enable CTR or GCM cipher mode encryption. To do this, in sshd_config I comment out these lines : Ciphers aes128-cbc,blowfish-cbc,3des-cbc MACS hmac-sha1,hmac-md5 and add... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
9 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)