Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding files with wc -l results = 1 then moving the files to another folder Post 302630729 by Dj Moi on Thursday 26th of April 2012 08:09:11 AM
Old 04-26-2012
thanks guys it works

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for Finding files in a folder and copying to another folder

Hi all, I have a folder '/samplefolder' in which i have some files like data0.txt, data1.txt and data2.txt. I have to search the folder for existence of the file data0.txt first and if found have to copy it to some other file; next i have to search the folder for existence of file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish2712
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for moving files from one folder to other

Hi All I need a shell script for move the 1 year old files from one folder to another folder with date and time. How to write a shell script for the same pls hepl me out. thanx in advance Thanx Lalit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitkumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for moving files from one folder to other

Hi I need to move last 1 year old files from one folder to another location on same server.How to write a shell script for the same? thanx Lalit (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitkumar
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Moving 1000s of files to another folder

Hi, I need to move 1000s of files from one folder to another. Actually there are 100K+ files. Source dir : source1 Target dir : target1 Now if try cp or mv commands I am getting an error message : Argument List too long. I tried to do it by the time the files are created in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unx100
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving files from one folder to many folders

I have a more than 10 K files in a folder. They are accumulated in a period of more than an year (Say from 13th July 2010 to 4th June 2011). I need to perform housekeeping on this. The requirement is to create a folder like 13Jul2010,14July2010,......3June2011,4June2010 and then from the main... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: realspirituals
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding files with one row then moving them

Hi guys can you please help me with a script to find files with one row the move the file to another directory the files are in /optima/prd/optdir/ZTE_BSS/Combiner/ZTE_2G/out/BSC_PS_Basic_Meas and I want to move them to /optima/prd/optdir/ZTE_BSS/Loader/error/ZTE_2G/BSC_PS_Basic_Meas ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dj Moi
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving files to a folder with a variable name

hello there- first post here- maybe someone can help- Basically I am trying to copy the contents of a folder to a different folder that has a variable name. the content I want to copy would be in a folder on my desktop called: myfolder the variable folder would look something like: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infothelonghaul
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files with the name of the results of another search

Dear All, I have a file with this name= xx-nnnn.csv , I has texts in this format, 231048975938093056;234317862284705793;609384034;14955353;1344700706000;1; 231048975938093056;234317958632054785;715450794;52422878;1344700729000;1;... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidfreed
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files and folders to another folder

I recently bought Synology server and realised it can run scripts. I would need fairly simple script which moves all files and folders from ARCHIVE folder to WORKING folder. I would also need to maintain folder structure as each of the folders may contain subfolders. How would I go about it as I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ###
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting for moving folder specific files into target directory of that country folder.

I need help to write shell script to copy files from one server to another server. Source Directory UAE(inside i have another folder Misc with files inside UAE folder).I have to copy this to another server UAE folder( Files should be copied to UAE folder and Misc files should be copied in target... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh2389
3 Replies
PARTY(1)						      General Commands Manual							  PARTY(1)

NAME
party - set OS responses mode SYNOPSIS
party ON|OFF|WHEREIS [ - ] dnv DESCRIPTION
Operating systems being what they are, the admin people can easily grow tired of command responses that resemble dyslexic eugene- speak filtered through Kernighan and Ritchie's collective back-brains. To alleviate this, we have included a slightly more `casual' mode, in which the responses to all commands are first filtered through a customising routine (DUDE) , which makes them sound a little more friendly while retaining their full information content (usually). The rooted(c) system prompt is changed to `What now, dude?' and output from each command is terminated by `No problem, dude.' OPTIONS
-v Verbose mode (ALL commands have a `verbose' mode). When this option is present, all filtered responses are preceeded by a message: `This response has been parsed by the DUDE filter and is not intended to be some sort of sleazy come-on.' -d Don't restart all processes after recompiling the /uselss/libs/eugene file (see below). This alows any important tasks to complete beforehand. -n Notify all users that they are about to be force-logged out and force-logged in again. ON Activates the DUDE filter. OFF De-activates the DUDE filter. WHEREIS Doesn't do anything, but we couldn't resist it. EXAMPLES
%-) party on What now, dude? To compare the differing responses, here is output provided by the ispi -s command, with party OFF and party ON: party OFF line who why how long ========================================================== 000 rooted that's you, dweeb! epoch ---------------------------------------------------------- 00F wp she's supposed to be 0:44:12 typing up the end of financial year report, but she's been doing her resume when she thinks no-one is watching ---------------------------------------------------------- 014 maint playing games, as usual 0:51:16 party ON Well, let's see who's on, eh? There's you, of course, on line 000 (Imagine that! Hahaha!) Oh look, on serIOus line 00F, it's that cute little secretary - looks like she's lost her keyboard template again, she's been hitting the escape key for the past five minutes! AND OF COURSE, the guys down in maintenance are playing `cosmic ballcrushers'. As usual. Well, who else, um, no-one really interesting like, ya know, oh hang on, DTR is toggling on serIOus line 03D.. oh, no problem, it's that stuffed modem again. You want maybe I should send some AMail to maintenance and get 'em to look at it? No problem, dude. What now, dude? FILES
/uselss/libs/bill&ted/DUDE This is the pipe process, usually started at system shoe, which lies idle until party ON is issued. /uselss/libs/eugene Contains all of the ordinary, ho-hum confusing computer - jargonese responses which commands ordinarily issue. Text file. /uselss/libs/eugene.spoo compiled version of the eugene file. /ephemeral/eugene.chex Checksum for the compiled eugene file. SEE ALSO
crp(1), stuffio(2), doobrie(9), gouge(3), ftang(65534), wi(-1), edmond(29), jumpstart(2), vo_mit(992) BUGS
The -n option can be slow. If the n option is issued, some users in a wi editing session may not receive the `warning, restart imminent' message until after the restart. There is no way selectively to follow symbolic links. Sunburne Computer, Inc. 9 October 1991 Aug 18, 1997 PARTY(1)