Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Recursively *.ext files using find Post 302630717 by elixir_sinari on Thursday 26th of April 2012 07:39:07 AM
Old 04-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by methyl
The error is coming from the superflous /dev/null and the extra punctuation.

The loop would be much more robust with while instead of for:
Code:
find "${D1_DIR}/${D1_NAME}" -name "*\.${FILE_DIR}" -print | while read file
do
                echo "${file}"
done

I think the
Code:
/dev/null

is not superflous; it is just used wrongly. It might be necessary when any of the sub-directories in the search path do not have execute permissions. In such a case, it's better to redirect standard error to
Code:
/dev/null

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

diff on compressed files with tar.gz ext

how can I find out what is the difference between two tar.gz files without uncompressing them. thank you. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete files with certain ext?

Hi All, How can I work on following request? Delete all the html files older than 29th November from the path - /dding/ting/tong/unixyang/output (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonyvirk
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

checkingthe size of all the .txt , .ext files in all directories ..

hai, i am new to unix scripting & learning unix scripting and doing some assignments.... i have an assignment as follows, i want to check the size of the text file and .ext files in all directories, if any one of them is greater than 100mb , i have to display those files.. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace a search string recursively in files

Hi , I have a directory structure as dir and subdirectories and files under it and so on.now I need to find the files which contain the search string under every dir and subdir and replace . my search string is like searchstring=/a/b string to be replaced=/a/c/b please help. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to rename files with .1,.2,.3 ....ext respectively

Hey Guys.... Just need some help as I am not proficient in Unix shell script... Doubt: --------------- Suppose there will be some of the following files inside a directory called OUT ... Path: - /appdb1/product/batch/rms/OUT files inside OUT directory:- POSU_75002_20090127_20090129035442... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyajit007
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script - find, recursively, all files that are duplicated

Hi. I have a problem that i can't seem to resolve. I need to create a script that list all the files, that are found recursively, with the same name. For example if a file exists in more than one directory with the same name it list all the files that he founds with all the info. Could someone... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KitFisto
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get only filename in a recursively find command

Hi i would like to ask on how to accomplish the FF: I want to execute a find command recursively and only get the filename something like i want only the last field set if is used ever the fieldvset as an redirection from the output of the find command For example: dir1/dir2/filename1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and rename file recursively

Hi, I have a directory which contains multiple files with .txt extension, i want to rename all these file to .bak extension using find command, this is what i've tried, please help me to correct this : find /home/application/test -name '*.txt' -exec rename 's/txt/bak/' {} \; seems to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to recursively /usr/bin/find only readonly files?

I'm having trouble because, for some reason, cp -R missed a few files. And so did xcopy/s. Since I'm running Cygwin on Win10, I decided to see if robocopy would be more effective. The trouble is someone, maybe xcopy/s or cp -R dutifully set certain files to be read only so when I try a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Large Files Recursively From Specific Directory

Hi. I found many scripts in the web of achieving this. But I like to use this one find /EDWH-DMT03 -xdev -size +10000 -exec ls -la {} \;|sort -n -k 5 > LARGE.rst But the problem is, why it still list out files with 89 bytes as the output? Is there anything wrong with the command? My... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
7 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)