Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Recursively *.ext files using find Post 302630659 by pravin27 on Thursday 26th of April 2012 06:34:16 AM
Old 04-26-2012
Remove the below part from find command and run
Code:
 /dev/null {} \;

This User Gave Thanks to pravin27 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

diff on compressed files with tar.gz ext

how can I find out what is the difference between two tar.gz files without uncompressing them. thank you. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete files with certain ext?

Hi All, How can I work on following request? Delete all the html files older than 29th November from the path - /dding/ting/tong/unixyang/output (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonyvirk
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

checkingthe size of all the .txt , .ext files in all directories ..

hai, i am new to unix scripting & learning unix scripting and doing some assignments.... i have an assignment as follows, i want to check the size of the text file and .ext files in all directories, if any one of them is greater than 100mb , i have to display those files.. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace a search string recursively in files

Hi , I have a directory structure as dir and subdirectories and files under it and so on.now I need to find the files which contain the search string under every dir and subdir and replace . my search string is like searchstring=/a/b string to be replaced=/a/c/b please help. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to rename files with .1,.2,.3 ....ext respectively

Hey Guys.... Just need some help as I am not proficient in Unix shell script... Doubt: --------------- Suppose there will be some of the following files inside a directory called OUT ... Path: - /appdb1/product/batch/rms/OUT files inside OUT directory:- POSU_75002_20090127_20090129035442... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyajit007
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script - find, recursively, all files that are duplicated

Hi. I have a problem that i can't seem to resolve. I need to create a script that list all the files, that are found recursively, with the same name. For example if a file exists in more than one directory with the same name it list all the files that he founds with all the info. Could someone... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KitFisto
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get only filename in a recursively find command

Hi i would like to ask on how to accomplish the FF: I want to execute a find command recursively and only get the filename something like i want only the last field set if is used ever the fieldvset as an redirection from the output of the find command For example: dir1/dir2/filename1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and rename file recursively

Hi, I have a directory which contains multiple files with .txt extension, i want to rename all these file to .bak extension using find command, this is what i've tried, please help me to correct this : find /home/application/test -name '*.txt' -exec rename 's/txt/bak/' {} \; seems to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to recursively /usr/bin/find only readonly files?

I'm having trouble because, for some reason, cp -R missed a few files. And so did xcopy/s. Since I'm running Cygwin on Win10, I decided to see if robocopy would be more effective. The trouble is someone, maybe xcopy/s or cp -R dutifully set certain files to be read only so when I try a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Large Files Recursively From Specific Directory

Hi. I found many scripts in the web of achieving this. But I like to use this one find /EDWH-DMT03 -xdev -size +10000 -exec ls -la {} \;|sort -n -k 5 > LARGE.rst But the problem is, why it still list out files with 89 bytes as the output? Is there anything wrong with the command? My... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
7 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)