Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to delete certain java script from html files using sed Post 302630219 by georgi58 on Wednesday 25th of April 2012 01:45:45 PM
Old 04-25-2012
works perfectly!

you are great! thank you so much

would you be also willing to give me some more help? here is the point:
i would like to clear some stuff between particular html tags and leave the tags intact. example

<td bgcolor="#eeeeee"><b><a href="http://www.kriyayoga.com/cgi-bin/anyboard.cgi?fvp=/family/sexuality_and_spirituality/&cmd=rA&cG=43">vandool</a></b> </td>
--------------unquote

i would like to leave only

<td bgcolor="#eeeeee"></b> </td>

there might be up to several such occurrences in a page.

best regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed of big html files

hi friends, i have to cut a large html file between tag " <!-- DEFACEMENTS ROWS -->" "<!-- DISCLAIMER FOOTER -->" and store cut data in other file please help me!!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praneshbmishra
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to remove millions of tmp files in /html/cache/ directory

Hello, I just saw that on my vps (centOS) my oscommerce with a seo script has created millions of tmp files inside the /html/cache/ directory. I would need to remove all those files (millions), I tried via shell but the vps loads goes to very high and it hangs, is there some way to do a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: andymc1
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete HTML tag

Guys, I have a little script that I got of the internet and that I use in Squid to block ads. I used that script with linux but now i have moved my servers to freebsd. I have a step learning curve there but it is fun: Back to the script issue. The script used to work i with linux but... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: zongo
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional search and delete using SED / Shell script

Hi, I want to perform a conditional search and remove my search string. Input string: "abcdaabcadgfaarstab" Character to search: "a" Condition: Remove all "a" in the input string except if it is "aa" Output string: "bcdaabcdgfaarstb" Can you please help me in this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dominiclajs
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help creating a script to FTP files to a server and then delete the files that were transfered.

I am trying to FTP files to a Windows server through my Linux machine. I have setup the file transfer with no problems but am having problem deleting those files from the Linux box. My current non-working solution is below. Any ideas, anyone?? :wall: Please be gentle, I'm fairly new to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmalfhs
4 Replies

6. Web Development

Html java script not working

Could anyone please let me know what went wrong with the below html code .. <html> <head> <script type="text/javascript"> function check(elem) { document.getElementById('mySelect1').disabled = !elem.selectedIndex; } </script> </head> <body> <form> <select id="mySelect"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed script to delete the last word after a last pattern match

Hi Guys , I am having a file as stated below File 1 sa0 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U261/A sa0 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U265/Z sa1 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U265/A sa1 -- i_core/i_core_apb/i_afe0_controller/U268/Z sa1 -- ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell how's converting .html files

Hello everybody, :) I need some help with a school project that I have to create for the next week. :eek: So first, the aim of the Script is that I have a WebSite with a lot of .html / .shtml / .js / .css in one directory. That directory have few directory too but that's not so important,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mariocrocop
1 Replies
java-functions(7)						RPM Java packaging						 java-functions(7)

NAME
java-functions - Functions library for Java applications. Written for the JPackage Project <http://www.jpackage.org/>: SYNOPSIS
set_jvm() Set the java virtual machine. Use a JAVA_HOME if defined, or try to find it from java command set_classpath() Set the classpath - this functions requires a valid JAVA_HOME, JAVACMD, and JAVA_LIBDIR. JARs could be specified as an argument, or via ADDITIONAL_JARS variable. set_javacmd() set the JAVACMD variable. Options should be passed via JAVACMD_OPTS variable. set_flags() set FLAGS variable. They could be specified as an argument, or via ADDITIONAL_FLAGS variable. set_options() set OPTIONS variable. They could be specified as an argument, or via ADDITIONAL_OPTIONS variable. run() run the application. It executed a following command. If VERBOSE is defined, then it prints the command to stdout. exec $JAVACMD $FLAGS -classpath $CLASSPATH $OPTIONS $MAIN_CLASS "$@" set_jvm_dirs() set JVM-related directories (JVM_LIBDIR, JAVA_VERSION, JAVAVER_LIBDIR and JAVAVER_JNIDIR variables). Requires a correct JAVA_LIBDIR, JAVA_HOME and JAVA_CMD. link_jar_repository() links a jar repository. Options could be found in build-jar-repository(1) find_jar() finds a specific extention (jar or directory). Requires a correct JAVA_LIBDIR, JAVAVER_LIBDIR and JVM_LIBDIR. Used by find-jar(1) com- mand. do_find_jar() core routine used by find_jar() check_java_env() checks java environment - the JAVA_HOME, JAVACMD, JAVA_LIBDIR, JNI_LIBDIR variables. DESCRIPTION
This is a library of generic shell functions which should be used on jpackage.org compatible distributions. FILES
/use/share/java-utils/java-functions shell script functions library for Java applications /etc/java/java.conf system-wide Java configuration file ~/.java/java.conf user's Java configuration SEE ALSO
Regular Manual Pages build-jar-repository(1) find-jar(1) java.conf(5) jpackage-utils(7) AUTHORS
Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch@sourceforge.net> Ville Skytta <scop at jpackage.org> David Walluck <david@jpackage.org> Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot at laPoste.net> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs using JPackage Bugzilla (http://www.jpackage.org/bugzilla/) jpackage-utils 1.7.5 February 2009 java-functions(7)