Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix Post 302630157 by neutronscott on Wednesday 25th of April 2012 12:52:58 PM
Old 04-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by torchij
Is this easy to do?
Not really, no. Smilie Is this actual input? Are there any boundaries for these rows/columns? always single letter / single number?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying simple commands to create a script

Can anyone direct me to a resource that explains scripting in simple terms? I have visited many sites and browsed this forum and have yet to find simple explanations. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocinante
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script to create folders

Hi I want to write a small script that will create folders named from `AAAA' all the way to `ZZZZ'. That is: `AAAA' `AAAB' `AAAC' ... `AABA' `AABB' `AABC' ... `ABAA' `ABAB' `ABAC' ... `ABBA' ... `ZZZZ' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
4 Replies

3. Solaris

How to create a simple background script on Solaris

I have a local account for a unix server. The idle timeout for the account is around 10 mins. I have to login to the server multiple times during the day. Is there a way to increase the idle timeout or may be a script that I can run on background so it is not idle. Something like echo date every 9... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinaysa
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hopefully a simple script, bash or perl...

I'm attempting to parse a file whose contents follow this format; 4:/eula.1028.txt: 8:/eula.1031.txt: 19:/eula.1033.txt: 23:/eula.1036.txt: 27:/eula.1040.txt: 31:/eula.1041.txt: 35:/eula.1042.txt: 39:/eula.2052.txt: 43:/eula.3082.txt: The number of lines of the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CudaPrime
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a simple copy script?

Guys I want to do this: copy: /var/router/system1/config/backup/install.put /var/router/system2/config/backup/install.put /var/router/system3/config/backup/install.put /var/router/system4/config/backup/install.put into: /var/router/system1/config/install.dat... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
22 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create simple script

Dear all, I have a directory named A and some subdirectories named B, C, D with .xml files. I want to use the following command to strip the file. sed -re ':start s/<*>//g; /</ {N; b start}' file.xml > file.xml At the same time, I want to remove the blank lines using sed '/^$/d' How can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: corfuitl
6 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create a simple bash backup script of a file

This is the problem: Write a script that will make a backup of a file giving it a ‘.bak’ extension & verify that it works. I have tried a number of different scripts that haven't worked and I haven't seen anything really concise and to the point via google. For brevity's sake this is one of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: demet8
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Covert simple bash script in perl language

Hello, Anyone please covert this in perl language ######################## if ps faux | grep -v grep | grep ProcessXYZ then echo "$SERVICE is running, , everything is fine" exit 0 else echo "$SERVICE is not running" exit 2 fi Additional... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert bash to simple perl

please delete! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple 4x4 matrix

I am trying to make a 4x4 matrix and I would greatly appreciate any help. I have 4 text files and I want to do the following. I want to concatenate them and gzip them. Then I want to find the file size of the concatenated file and subtract the value of file A. Finally, I want to output this final... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdw8253
1 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)