Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Write result to output file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Write result to output file Post 302629935 by Rajeshc on Wednesday 25th of April 2012 08:15:19 AM
Old 04-25-2012
You can run the script and redirect its output in any desired file as below.
suppose my script name is test.sh and i want to save its output in file called output.log then:
./test.sh >> output.log

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

any possible to run sql result and output to file

Hi, I search all post...and no soluation about..if i would like to run a sql statement and output the result to txt file. for example, i usually run "sql" to logon the database and run select statement. Then I need to copy the output into the result.txt. Can I run the script to do this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Output result to a non-delimitted file

Hello I need to run an sql script and then the output result to be in non-delimitted file What is the execution command to obtain this. For eg: the following outputs the result to a space delimitted file db2batch -d ${EC_DB2_DBNAME} -f ${TMP_SCRIPT_NAME} -a ${CURR_DB_ID}/${CURR_DB_PWD} -r... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosec
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Way to save output result of a program into another new file...

Does anybody know any alternative way to save output result of a program into another new file? I got try the command below: program_used input_file > new_output_file program_used input_file >> new_output_file Unfortunately, both the ">" and ">>" is not work at this case to save the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Output the SQL Query result to a File

Hello Guys, This message is somewhat relates with last thread. But I need to re-write thing. I start over a little. I am stuck now and need your help. Here is my script- #! /bin/ksh export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2 /opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/9.2/bin/sqlplus -s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to output thre result to a text file?

Dear All I have a script file like the following: ..... ..... Variable_1 = 888 Variable_2 = 999 ..... MyExternalProgram Myfile ..... The line MyExternalProgram Myfile will generate some number, Say 777 Now I hope I can output the result of above codes to a text file,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to write result to a file

Hello, How can I run this script every 1 hour and save its result to result.txt ifconfig | grep 'inet addr:'| grep -v '127.0.0.1' | cut -d: -f2 | awk '{ print $1}' Regards Shaan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaan_Shaan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 file and write result

Hi friends...I have 2 files, file1.txt and reference.txt I could able to find difference using diff and following command awk 'NR == FNR { A=1; next } !A' reference.txt file1.txt above command listing data which is not in reference.txt 12.12 87 11.95 88 11.83 89 12.55 84... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output block of lines in a file based on grep result

Hi I would appreciate your help with this. I have a output file from a command. It is broken based on initial of the users. Exmaple of iitials MN & SS. Under each section there is information pertaining to the user however each section can have different number of lines. MY challenge is to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl and write custom result to file

I have the following script, for i in $(cat MyWebApps); do curl -u manager:tH1s1s4f3k3p4ssw0Rd http://10.10.10.10:7529/manager/jmxproxy/"?get=Catalina:type=Manager,context=/$i,host=localhost&att=activeSessions"; done Which gives me an output like this OK - Attribute get... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep output to file result not as expected

Hi Gurus, I run command grep ABC file1 > file2 against below file. I got all ABC_xxx in one line in file2. I expect to get multiple lines in file2. If I print result in screen, the result is expected. thanks in advance My os is SunOS 5.10 Generic_150400-64 sun4v sparc sun4v ABC_123 XXXXX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
2 Replies
platform::shell(3tcl)					       Tcl Bundled Packages					     platform::shell(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(3tcl)