Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting variable space width data into CSV data in bash Post 302629667 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 25th of April 2012 03:32:38 AM
Old 04-25-2012
Try
Code:
awk '{$1=$1}1' OFS=, infile

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting field into fixed width csv

Hi I have a file having record as - 1,aaa,a123,a I need this converted to as 2nd col to 5 chars wide & 3rd col to 6chars wide such as - 1,aaa ,a123 ,a How we could achieve this? Thx in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to read the data from an excel sheet and use those data as variable in the unix c

I have 3 columns in an excel sheet. c1 c2 c3 EIP_ACCOUNT SMALL_TS_01 select A.* from acc; All the above 3 col shoud be passed a variable in the unix code. 1.How to read an excel file 2.How to pass these data as variable to the unic script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Grace
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting a tabular format data to comma seperated data in KSH

Hi, Could anyone help me in changing a tabular format output to comma seperated file pls in K-sh. Its very urgent. E.g : username empid ------------------------ sri 123 to username,empid sri,123 Thanks, Hema:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hemamalini
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cleaning up spaces from fixed width file while converting to csv file

Open to a sed/awk/or perl alternative so that i can stick command into my bash script. This is a problem I resolve using a combination of cut commands - but that is getting convoluted. So would really appreciate it if someone could provide a better solution which basically replaces all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svn
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell snip to import CSV data into BASH array

I have been trying to write a simple snip of bash shell code to import from 1 to 100 records into a BASH array. I have a CSV file that is structured like: record1,item1,item2,item3,item4,etc.,etc. .... (<= 100 items) record2,item1,item2,item3,item4,etc.,etc. .... (<= 100 items)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dstrout
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to save the space when converting to CSV file

Hi, I have a text file with the following format. Some of the fields are blank. 1234 3456 23 45464 327837283232 343434 5654353 34 34343 3434345 434242 .... .... .... I need to convert this file to a CSV file, like 1234, ,23, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wintersnow2011
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML (and insert data) then output data (bash / Solaris)

Hi folks I have a script I wrote that basically parses a bunch of config and xml files works out were to add in the new content then spits out the data into a new file. It all works - apart from the xml and config file format in the new file with XML files the original XML (that ends up in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfinch
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting data for text file to csv

Gents Using the script attached (raw2csv). i use to create the file .csv.. The input file is called 201.raw. Kindly can you check if there is easy way to do it. The script works fine but takes a lot time to process Thanks for your help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting unstructured data to structured data

Hi, Can someone help in converting the below unstructured data to a CSV format please. { "branchId" : "BNSFGDJNSJG-73264HB-132131BNHJFSDG", "branchName" : "NEWYORK-SSDF", "branchProductId" : "72Y5HFHSF7H3RUNAWEF", "PreferenceId" : "BASDBVcbzcYHcb", "emailId" :... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen.kuppili
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data extraction and converting into .csv file.

Hi All, I have a data file and need to extract and convert it into csv format: 1) Read and extract the line containing string ending with "----" (file sample_linebyline.txt file) and to make a .csv file from this. 2) To read the flat file flatfile_sample.txt which consists of similar data (... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
9 Replies
clags2.f(3)							      LAPACK							       clags2.f(3)

NAME
clags2.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine clags2 (UPPER, A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3, CSU, SNU, CSV, SNV, CSQ, SNQ) CLAGS2 Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine clags2 (logicalUPPER, realA1, complexA2, realA3, realB1, complexB2, realB3, realCSU, complexSNU, realCSV, complexSNV, realCSQ, complexSNQ) CLAGS2 Purpose: CLAGS2 computes 2-by-2 unitary matrices U, V and Q, such that if ( UPPER ) then U**H *A*Q = U**H *( A1 A2 )*Q = ( x 0 ) ( 0 A3 ) ( x x ) and V**H*B*Q = V**H *( B1 B2 )*Q = ( x 0 ) ( 0 B3 ) ( x x ) or if ( .NOT.UPPER ) then U**H *A*Q = U**H *( A1 0 )*Q = ( x x ) ( A2 A3 ) ( 0 x ) and V**H *B*Q = V**H *( B1 0 )*Q = ( x x ) ( B2 B3 ) ( 0 x ) where U = ( CSU SNU ), V = ( CSV SNV ), ( -SNU**H CSU ) ( -SNV**H CSV ) Q = ( CSQ SNQ ) ( -SNQ**H CSQ ) The rows of the transformed A and B are parallel. Moreover, if the input 2-by-2 matrix A is not zero, then the transformed (1,1) entry of A is not zero. If the input matrices A and B are both not zero, then the transformed (2,2) element of B is not zero, except when the first rows of input A and B are parallel and the second rows are zero. Parameters: UPPER UPPER is LOGICAL = .TRUE.: the input matrices A and B are upper triangular. = .FALSE.: the input matrices A and B are lower triangular. A1 A1 is REAL A2 A2 is COMPLEX A3 A3 is REAL On entry, A1, A2 and A3 are elements of the input 2-by-2 upper (lower) triangular matrix A. B1 B1 is REAL B2 B2 is COMPLEX B3 B3 is REAL On entry, B1, B2 and B3 are elements of the input 2-by-2 upper (lower) triangular matrix B. CSU CSU is REAL SNU SNU is COMPLEX The desired unitary matrix U. CSV CSV is REAL SNV SNV is COMPLEX The desired unitary matrix V. CSQ CSQ is REAL SNQ SNQ is COMPLEX The desired unitary matrix Q. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 158 of file clags2.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 clags2.f(3)