Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find command not executing for copying file Post 302629625 by Peasant on Wednesday 25th of April 2012 02:49:29 AM
Old 04-25-2012
You don't use :, but ; at the end of the find statement.

Alse please use code tags for posting code.

Hope that helps

Regards
Peasant.
This User Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command and copying

Trying to write a find command that will be used for incremental backups. Basically find files newer than date, and copy them (directory structures intact) to the backup drive. When I try the following: find / -newer /home/robf/incremental -type f -exec cp -afP {} /backup/inc1 \; It puts all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robf
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying file names returned from a grep command into another directory

When I do the following : grep -l "string" *, I get a list of file names returned. Is there a way to copy the files returned from the list into another directory ?. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kartheg
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find who is executing a file.

Suppose there is a file which is being executed by someone. Is there a way to return the username of whoever is using that file? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sniper Pixie
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I make the for command check to see if a file is empty before executing?

Here is the command in question for f in $(<uploads); do . I only want this to execute if uploads is not empty. If uploads is empty I want the script to quit, actually before the for command. If its not apparent uploads is a text file. Chris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrchcol
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help executing command loaded from file

I need to execute a command that is loaded from a file. Basically, we have several scripts that need to be run at scheduled times. We're going to store those times in the database and update a file with data. In that file we'll have scriptName, inputParameters, runTimes, etc... I chose to use... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoldenEye4ever
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem executing find file command in Linux

When trying to find a list of files with specific text in them using find . -type f -exec grep -l "DataStage Job 4263" {}\; I get error find: missing argument to 'exec' How can I correct this ? I'm on Linux Red Hat. Cheers PS I'm a DataStage programmer not a systems support... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackdaw_at_work
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command for copying the contents of other file replacing it another file on specifc pattern

We have 2 file XML files - FILE1.XML and FILE2.xml - we need copy the contents of FILE1.XML and replace in FILE2.xml pattern "<assignedAttributeList></assignedAttributeList>" FILE1.XML 1. <itemList> 2. <item type="Manufactured"> 3. <resourceCode>431048</resourceCode> 4. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balrajg
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing switch case for find and replace specific file. Help Me...

case "$inputs" in sapte) find /pools/home_unix/sapte/work/models/model -name "*.xml" exec rm -i {} \;; ckm1) find /pools/home_unix/ckm1/work/models/model -name "*.xml" exec rm -i {} \;; I am getting error like as below. ./menu1.sh: line 144: syntax error near unexpected token `)'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lathigara
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print filename/dir name while executing aclput using find command

Running below command , but unable to print the filename , is there way to print filename/dirname using -print option find . -type f -exec aclput -i fileacl.template {} \; (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
5 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find IP of user machine executing a particular UNIX command?

Hello, Our applications are deployed in SunOS 5.10 servers. All the team members use a same username/pwd to login to the box. Very often we face issue were we could see that weblogic server instance are KILLED and we are not able to trace who executed kill command. All team members use PUTTY to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santtarius
2 Replies
CREEPY(1)						      General Commands Manual							 CREEPY(1)

NAME
CREEPY - A geolocation information aggregator DESCRIPTION
creepy is an application that allows you to gather geolocation related information about users from social networking platforms and image hosting services. The information is presented in a map inside the application where all the retrieved data is shown accompanied with rele- vant information (i.e. what was posted from that specific location) to provide context to the presentation. FEATURES
Map providers available : Google Maps - Virtual Maps - Open Street Maps Location information retieval from : Twitter's tweet location: Coordinates when tweet was posted from mobile device. Place (geographical name) derived from users ip when posting on twitter's web interface. Place gets translated into coordinates using geonames.com" Bounding Box derived from users ip when posting on twitter's web interface.The less accurate source , a corner of the bounding box is selected randomly. Geolocation information accessible through image hosting services API EXIF tags from the photos posted. Social networking platforms currently supported: Twitter Foursquare (only checkins that are posted to twitter). Image hosting services currently supported : flickr - information retrieved from API twitpic.com - information retrieved from API and photo exif tags yfrog.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags img.ly - information retrieved from photo exif tags plixi.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags twitrpix.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags foleext.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags shozu.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags pickhur.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags moby.to - information retrieved from API and photo exif tags twitsnaps.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags twitgoo.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags NOTES
Automatic caching of retrieved information in order to reduce API calls and the possibility of hitting limit rates. GUI with navigable map for better overview of the accumulated information 4 Maps providers (including Google Maps) to use. Open locations in Google Maps in your browser Export retrieved locations list as kmz (for Google Earth) or csv files. Handling twitter authentication in an easy way using oAuth. User credentials are not shared with the application. User/target search for twitter and flickr. AUTHOR
creepy was written by Yiannis Kakavas <jkakavas@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Daniel Echeverry for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
The full documentation which includes the keys descriptions is in /usr/share/doc/creepy/README. MAY 08, 2011 CREEPY(1)