Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Binary files diff
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Binary files diff Post 302629613 by suresh1256644 on Wednesday 25th of April 2012 02:32:56 AM
Old 04-25-2012
Question Binary files diff

Hi

Thanks for your response.

Actually what i am trying to achieve is, when I compare two java class files(both files are same), which has been compiled in two different version of Linux OS, it should be consider only java class files content alone.
When I compare two java class files, it should be match. But when i am running “diff a.class (Java class file) b.class (java class file)” command, it is showing binary file contain diff.

I have compared both two java class files internally, there is no difference.
In this case, can anyone advice me, how I can get diff report between java class files.

I have around 1000 class files. Is there any way to get diff report b/w class files?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Binary Files

Does any one know how to view a binary file as it is (in 1s and 0s) on unix environment? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devildivine
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff 2 files; output diff's to 3rd file

Hello, I want to compare two files. All records in file 2 that are not in file 1 should be output to file 3. For example: file 1 123 1234 123456 file 2 123 2345 23456 file 3 should have 2345 23456 I have looked at diff, bdiff, cmp, comm, diff3 without any luck! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blt123
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Binary Files

Here's the problem... I'm using a simulator on UNIX, and it requires a filename where bits are stored, it should read them out and do whatever with them at that point.. So what i'm trying to do is make a binary file on UNIX. On my PC i can use MSDEV, or any of my C++ compilers to generate a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcRandThor
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for files excluding binary files

Hi All, I need a solution on my following find command find ./.. -name '*.file' -print BTW This gives me the output as belows ./rtlsim/test/ADCONV0/infile/ad0_dagctst.file ./rtlsim/test/ADCONV0/user_command.file ./rtlsim/test/ADCONV0/simv.daidir/scsim.db.dir/scsim.db.file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicates from multuple files with 2 diff types of files

I need to compare 2 diff type of files and find out the duplicate after comparing each types of files: Type 1 file name is like: file1.abc (the extension abc could any 3 characters but I can narrow it down or hardcode for 10/15 combinations). The other file is file1.bcd01abc (the extension... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricky007
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff b/w 2 files

Hi Masters, I have two files named file1 and file2. Both the files contains the same contents with some difference in comments,space.But no content change. I tried to find the diff between the two files to make sure that contents are same. For that i tried diff -ibw file1 file2 But... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ecearund
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff of files

Hi, I have 2 files.I want to check if file1 is contained in file2. A.txt: ----- AAA BBB B.txt: ------ CCC AAA BBB DDD I want to check if A.txt is contained in B.txt. Can it be done using SED ? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff bw two files

Hi All, I have two files which look as below File1 serial="1" name="abc" type="employee" field="IT" serial="2" name="cde" type="intern" field="Marketing" serial="3" name="pqr" type="contractor" field="IT" serial="4" name="xyz" type="employee" field="Sales" File2 serial="1"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Binary files

Hi All,Is there anyway I can conver the binary file to ascii. I don't know the binary file format. file command just lists this as "data" file and when I view it has a lot of non-printable characters.Can I write any command equivalent to wc -l to find out the number of rows in the file?Can I use... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff 3 files, but diff only their 2nd column

Guys i have 3 files, but i want to compare and diff only the 2nd column path=`/home/whois/doms` for i in `cat domain.tx` do whois $i| sed -n '/Registry Registrant ID:/,/Registrant Email:/p' > $path/$i.registrant whois $i| sed -n '/Registry Admin ID:/,/Admin Email:/p' > $path/$i.admin... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
10 Replies
NWDIAG(1)						      General Commands Manual							 NWDIAG(1)

NAME
nwdiag - generate network-diagram image file from spec-text file. SYNOPSIS
nwdiag [options] files DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the nwdiag commands. nwdiag is generate sequence-diagram image file from spec-text file. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -h, --help show this help message and exit. --version show program's version number and exit. -a, --antialias Pass diagram image to anti-alias filter. -c FILE, --config=FILE read configurations from FILE. -o FILE write diagram to FILE. -f FONT, --font=FONT use FONT to draw diagram. -T TYPE Output diagram as TYPE format. SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by http://blockdiag.com/en/nwdiag/ AUTHOR
nwdiag was written by Takeshi Komiya <i.tkomiya@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Kouhei Maeda <mkouhei@palmtb.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). June 11, 2011 NWDIAG(1)