Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Does modernity make you sad?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Does modernity make you sad? Post 302629609 by hedkandi on Wednesday 25th of April 2012 02:27:32 AM
Old 04-25-2012
That is why I am still holding unto a 5 1/4 floppy disk I found in my father's cabinet among his old records (the ones that play on a gramophone)

Last edited by hedkandi; 04-25-2012 at 03:27 AM.. Reason: grammar

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make and make install commands

Hi there, I am installing a package at the moment on to my Solaris version 8 and I have run into a problem with the 'make' command. I have installed the package using the 'pkgadd' command and I am now at the stage where I have to use the 'make' command followed by the 'make install'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
4 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

A Sad Day for Smarty Jones!

We were at Champs watching the Belmont on two 15' screens. SMARTY JONE!! SMARTY JONES!!! Then, sadness........ the crowd goes quiet. There are many people who have not seen a triple crown winner in their lifetime...... Amazing... Horse racing! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies

3. Linux

Error in issuing a make and make install

Hi, Recently I install a package and try to do a make and make install. However, in the make it gives me below error:- make:Nothing to be done for 'install-exec-am' make:Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am' Can anyone please explain to me what does this mean? I have been trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Gani Network Driver Won't Install - make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make targ...

I attached a README file that I will refer to. I successfully completed everything in the README file until step 4. # pwd /gani/gani-2.4.4 # ls COPYING Makefile.macros gem.c Makefile Makefile.sparc_gcc gem.h Makefile.amd64_gcc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

5. Programming

makeutility: how to get the make-file name inside of the make-file?

How I can get the current make-file name in a make-file So, if I run make with specified file:make -f target.mak is it possible to have the 'target' inside of the that 'target.mak' from the file name? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make a make from other folder

Hi, Sorry for my English. I want Execute a make from other folder but no it's a normal make. The comand is: make telosb install,3 And for example if i have to execute this comand in /tmp and i am in /$HOME how he would be now the comand? thx (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grobix
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between configure/make/make install.

Hi, While installation of apache on linux, we perform the below tasks. 1) Untar 2) configure 3) make 4) make install. I wanted to understand the difference and working of configure/make/make install. Can any one help me understanding this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

8. Programming

Issue with make, no rule to make target etc.

I have been trying to split up my src directory to clear out files that are not re-compiled very often. Now I have the following setup in my trunk, trunk/bld trunk/src/ trunk/src/src_server trunk/makefile.linux In the make file, I have compile rules SOURCELOC = src # compile src c++... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies

9. AIX

Sad me - or Happy me? Undecided re: AIX 7.2

AIX 7.2 - needs POWER7 or later With AIX 6.1 it was POWER4 or later - then I was "Happy Me!" because I already had a POWER4 system. With AIX 7.2 - for now I am "sad me" because I do not have a POWER7. However, next week I am going to be speaking at the POWER TechU in Cannes (look me up if you... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelFelt
8 Replies
CABEXTRACT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     CABEXTRACT(1)

NAME
cabextract - program to extract files from Microsoft cabinet (.cab) archives SYNOPSIS
cabextract [-ddir] [-f] [-Fpattern] [-h] [-l] [-L] [-p] [-q] [-s] [-t] [-v] cabinet files ... DESCRIPTION
cabextract is a program that un-archives files in the Microsoft cabinet file format (.cab) or any binary file which contains an embedded cabinet file (frequently found in .exe files). cabextract will extract all files from all cabinet files specified on the command line. To extract a multi-part cabinet consisting of several files, only the first cabinet file needs to be given as an argument to cabextract as it will automatically look for the remaining files. To prevent cabextract from extracting cabinet files you did not specify, use the -s option. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -d dir Extracts all files into the directory dir. -f When testing or extracting cabinet files, corrupted MSZIP blocks will be ignored. A warning will be printed if a corrupted MSZIP block is encountered. -F pattern Only files with names that match the shell pattern pattern shall be listed, tested or extracted. On non-GNU systems, this match may be case-sensitive. -h Prints a page of help and exits. -l Lists the contents of the given cabinet files, rather than extracting them. -L When extracting cabinet files, makes each extracted file's name lowercase. -p Files shall be extracted to standard output. -q When extracting cabinet files, suppresses all messages except errors and warnings. -s When testing, listing or extracting cabinets which span multiple files, only cabinet files given on the command line shall be used. -t Tests the integrity of the cabinet. Files are decompressed, but not written to disk or standard output. If the file successfully decompresses, the MD5 checksum of the file is printed. -v If given alone on the command line, prints the version of cabextract and exits. Given with a list of cabinet files, it will list the contents of the cabinet files. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Stuart Caie <kyzer@4u.net>, based on the one written by Eric Sharkey <sharkey@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. October 30, 2005 CABEXTRACT(1)