Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed variable substitution in a script Post 302629391 by Corona688 on Tuesday 24th of April 2012 03:12:50 PM
Old 04-24-2012
show the entire script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed substitution using a $variable for a line containing a word

$ cat ggg /E*Fare/testteam/public/pf3/nggfstatic/4k-pf3_3.case REGION1: /E*Fare/dist/src/nggfstaticbase/EFare/Server CODEBASE1: /dev_tools/LINUXMTP-4/EFS070718E/EFare/Server DATABASE1: nggfstatic SCRIPT: /efare1/admin/ezlcn/scripts/pf3_3_scriptlist.input PROLOGINITSIZE not yet set You... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sangal-Arun
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to do variable substitution in 'sed'

I have a 'sed' editor command trying to read contents of one file into another. v=t1 PX=25 sed '/for/ r /$v/ext/tsfirmfiles.${PX}' /bb/bin/px${PX}.files.2b.deleted > result I cannot come up with the syntax so 'sed' would do a variable substitution. Any idea? Thanks a for help. -A (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed variable substitution when variable constructed of a directory path

Hello, i have another sed question.. I'm trying to do variable substition with sed and i'm running into a problem. my var1 is a string constructed like this: filename1 filerev1 filepath1 my var2 is another string constructed like this: filename2 filerev2 filepath2 when i do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alrinno
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed variable substitution problem

Hi, I am facing a strange problem. I have a script that used the following to search and replace text: sed 's/'"${find_var_parm}"'/'"${find_var_filter}"'/g' $ParmFile > $TempFile The values of $find_var_parm and $find_var_filter are set based on search criteria. The above seems to be working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED variable substitution

Hi Chaps... I have a log file as below:- 01 Oct 2009 12:57:56 DEBUG : 01 Oct 2009 12:14:21 DEBUG :..... . . . .05 Oct 2009 14:31:56 DEBUG :.... . . .05 Oct 2009 12:57:56 DEBUG :.... 06 Oct 2009 01:23:11 DEBUG :.... . . .06 Oct 2009 12:53:46 DEBUG :.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpraharaj84
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable substitution in sed

Hi, I have to insert a line at a particular line number in my file. But the line number is not fixed and it will vary every time. So, I have to use a variable to get the line number I know we can use sed to insert lines at a particular line number but it does not work with variable... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple sed variable substitution

Give the code: set line = 2 set year = `sed -n '2p' file while ($line < 500) echo $line > f.txt @ line = $line + 1 end How do I utilize the variable $line in the code instead of the number 2. I'm using this in a while loop and counter. I've tried quoting it, double/single... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wxornot
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed variable substitution

Hello, I searched the forum and unable to find a solution for my particular problem. I have a text file I'm trying to insert some text using sed after finding a pattern.. File contains in one line Invoice date: xx/xx/xxxx Balance: $$$$ Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Trying to insert Invoice "Number:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallu0987
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed - variable substitution

Problem with the code below is that the value of the variable is not getting substituted in the sed expression. #/bin/csh set UNIX_ID="rajibd" set X_ID="xrajibd" sed -n 's/$UNIX_ID/$X_ID/g' passwd When run , it is not giving expected output as shown below : ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed variable expansion fails for substitution in range

I'm trying to change "F" to "G" in lines after the first one: 'FUE.SER' 5 1 1 F0501 F0401 F0502 2 1 F0301 E0501 F0201 E0502 F0302 3 1 F0503 E0503 E0301 E0201 E0302 E0504 F0504 4 1 F0402 F0202 E0202 F0101 E0203 F0203 F0403 5 1 F0505 E0505 E0303 E0204 E0304 E0506... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: larrl
10 Replies
asadmin-show-component-status(1AS)				   User Commands				asadmin-show-component-status(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-show-component-status, show-component-status - displays the status of the deployed component SYNOPSIS
show-component-status --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile file- name] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive] component_name show-component-status gets the status of the deployed component. The status is a string representation returned by the server. The possible status strings include: enabled or disabled. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. --interactive prompts you for the required options that are not already specified. OPERANDS
component_name name of the component to be listed. Example 1: Using show-component-status asadmin> show-component-status sampleApplication Status of sampleApplication is enabled Where: the status of the sampleApplication application is shown. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-list-components(1AS), asadmin-list-sub-components(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-show-component-status(1AS)