Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help putting output on one line Post 302629147 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 24th of April 2012 11:14:08 AM
Old 04-24-2012
The awk is supposed to do that. What is your OS and version?

Code:
9993,10.10.50.0/24,blockAdminName="Username One",block_name="Servers",blockAdminEmail="username.one@people.com",blockAdminPhone="312-555-1212",blockAdminId="1234",blockSecName="Username Two",blockSecEmail="username.two@people.com",blockSecPhone="312-555-2121",blockSecId="7891",blockTechName="Username Three",blockTechEmail="username.three@people.com",blockTechPhone="312-555-1313",blockTechId="4567"
9992,10.10.40.0/24,block_name="unknown",blockAdminName="Username One",blockAdminEmail="username.one@people.com",blockAdminPhone="312-555-1212",blockAdminId="1234",blockSecName="Username Two",blockSecEmail="username.two@people.com",blockSecPhone="312-555-2121",blockSecId="7891",blockTechName="Username Three",blockTechEmail="username.three@people.com",blockTechPhone="312-555-1313",blockTechId="4567"
9991,10.10.30.0/24,block_name="unknown",blockAdminName="Username One",blockAdminEmail="username.one@people.com",blockAdminPhone="312-555-1212",blockAdminId="1234",blockSecName="Username Two",blockSecEmail="username.two@people.com"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting screen output in a log file

I want to output screen messages to a logfile when executing an automated script. I have tried the script and command to do this but with no luck. Thanks, Nicole (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsutti
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting command output and putting into newfile

Hello All, I am using the below code: #!/bin/sh /omp/bin/TICLI "op:alarm,all" > filename for getting command output and then putting the output into newfile but the problem is this, that not the complete output goes into newfile and the script stops. for example: if this commands gives... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakhan
18 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting new line after certain number of character

Hi, I want, if a line is more than 80 characters length then put a new line with 4 space after each 80 characters to indent the data at same position. Input: 200 Geoid and gravity anomaly data of conjugate regions of Bay of Bengal and Enderby Basin: New constraints on breakup and early... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srsahu75
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting multiple sed commands on a single line

Hi, I want to make sed write a part of fileA (first 7 lines) to file1 and the rest of fileA to file2 in a single call and single line in sed. If I do the following: sed '1,7w file1; 8,$w file2' fileA I get only one file named file1 plus all the characters following file1. If I try to use curly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varelg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console I tried tee but it writes to STDOUT , which I do not want. Test.sh ------------------ #!/bin/ksh echo "Hello " tee -a file1 file2 ---------------------------- $>./Test.sh $> Expected output: -------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting echo output as input to stat

I have a string with escape differentiators as a result of searching for a file using find. Essentially find returned to my shell variable several absolute paths each ending with the file name and each path/file separated by \n. Echo recognizes the escape sequence and is able to print the paths... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ebodee
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

putting color on output file script

do you have any simple script on how to change the color and font of a string in a script example echo "====================================" echo " sample color script" echo "====================================" echo " hello " echo " bye" on hello,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putting the Current -date in the Output File

Hi guys, Just want to ask how can I make a script that will perform like this. 1. Execute the command 2. Then the output of the command will be redirected to a file 2. The file that has been created will have a date on it equivalent to the date and time it was created (or maybe after the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying a sentence and putting it on a new line

I am revisiting the problem of sentence splitting. I have a Perl Script which splits a para into sentences, but acronyms and short forms create an issue #!/usr/bin/perl use feature qw/say/; use strict; use warnings; my $s; my @arr; while(<>) { chomp $_; $s .= $_ . " "; } @arr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
MYSQL(1)						      General Commands Manual							  MYSQL(1)

NAME
mysql - text-based client for mysqld, a SQL-based relational database daemon SYNOPSIS
mysql [-B|--batch] [-#|--debug= logfile] [-T|--debug-info] [-e|--exec= command] [-f|--force] [-?|--help] [-h|--host= hostname] [-n|--unbuffered] [-p[pwd]] [--password=[pwd]] [-P|--port= pnum] [-q|--quick] [-r|--raw] [-s|--silent] [-S|--socket= snum] [-u|--user= uname] [-v|--verbose] [-V|--version] [-w|--wait] DESCRIPTION
The mysql program provides a curses-based interface to the SQL-based database server daemon, mysqld(1). Full fuller documentation, refer to the HTML documents installed with the package. OPTIONS
-B|--batch Print results with a tab as separator, each row on a new line. -#|--debug=logfile Employ the specified debug log. -T|--debug-info Print debug information upon exiting. -e | --exec=command Execute the specified command and quit (--batch is implicit). -f|--force Continue even if the face of a SQL error. -?|--help Display a help message and exit. -h|--host=hostname Connect to the specified host. -n|--unbuffered Flush the buffer after each query. -p|--password[=pwd] Employ the specified password when connecting to the database server. If a password is not supplied, it will be requested interac- tively. -P|--port=pnum Employ the specified port number for connecting to the database server. -q|--quick Do not cache the result; print it row by row. This may slow down the server if the output is suspended. -r|--raw Write fields without conversion. (used with --batch). -s|--silent Silent mode: reduce the amount of output. -S|--socket=snum Employ the specified socket file for connecting to the database server. -u|--user=uname Employ the specified user name for logging in to the server. -v|--verbose Verbose mode: write more Specifying this option twice produces a tabular output format. -V|--version Print the mysql version number and exit. -w|--wait Wait and retry if the database server connection is down. FILES
/depot/bin/mysql executable /depot/bin/mysqld executable /depot/bin/safe_mysqld executable shell script for starting mysqld safely /site/var/mysql/data location of database files EXAMPLE
You can also read a backup dump file back into MySQL with: mysql database < backup-file.sql SEE ALSO
isamchk (1), isamlog (1), mysqlaccess (1), mysqladmin (1), mysqlbug (1), mysqld (1), mysqldump (1), mysqlshow (1), msql2mysql (1), perror (1), replace (1), safe_mysqld (1), which1 (1), zap (1), AUTHOR
Ver 6.3, distribution 3.20.20 Michael (Monty) Widenius (monty@tcx.se), TCX Datakonsult AB (http://www.tcx.se). This software comes with no warranty. Manual page by R. P. C. Rodgers, Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communication, U.S. National Library of Medicine (rodgers@nlm.nih.gov). 13 June 1997 MYSQL(1)