Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FC Lun scan without unmount
Operating Systems HP-UX FC Lun scan without unmount Post 302629141 by vbe on Tuesday 24th of April 2012 11:06:38 AM
Old 04-24-2012
Are you talking of a server ( e.g. HP9000 series) or of a virtual machine?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

[FreeBSD] Unable to unmount

I have mounted an ISO-file to do a network install of Red Hat. Afterwards, I removed the ISO and forgot about the mount. Now, I am unable to unmount this mount, because the target no longer exists... Here's the error I get when I try to unmount: Even if I put all the files back and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: indo1144
6 Replies

2. AIX

how do i unmount ?

hi all, I am new to AIX as well as UNIX also ,i have a question One of my program has created a new filesystem on the system..... df shows : /dev/fslv04 2031616 2030648 1% 3 1% /replicas/source when i tried to umount the above filesystem by umount... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshi_k
3 Replies

3. Solaris

command to scan Enterprise storage Lun disk in Solaris

I just installed IBMsdd on Solaris diver along with the patches recommended. I also installed 2 - 2Gigs qlogic fiber cards & the corresponding pkges for the cards. What command can I use to scan this LUN disks from my Soalris servers. Solaris doen't seem to be seeing this disks presented on it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
2 Replies

4. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

5. AIX

Unmount strongly command

Dear Guy's I'm making script to easier my work to mount and unmount some file systems I'm executing this command umount -f /file_system To unmount the file system but some times is not allow the un mounting it's giving me device is busy ... I want to know is there any another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
2 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can we unmount device?

Hi, I know that if we need to unmount a device, we use the command umount mount-point, example 'umount /tmp/mount1' But We can also unmount the device with device name example 'umount /dev/hda6'. NOTE: I think in RHEL3 we cannot unmount with device name. Correct me if I am wrong. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmount USB disk

Hi, How can I unmount an usb disk using the command umount? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unmount the partition

Dear all, I have a two hard drive.On the second (/dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdb2) hard drive i have two partitions. The /dev/sdb2 has been mounted on the /home2 directory.I want to unmount that /dev/sdb2.I have no idea to how to do it.Can anybody give me the details about that?. Regards, Prakashkumar.S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashkumar41
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmount files via script

Hi all, I have a requirement to do an upgrade. As part of that upgrade I have to unmounts files in the fstab (there could be 100's), is there a way I can do this via script? The problem is, is that the mount points on every server will be different.... For example: /u001/oradata/T865 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Scan for new LUN and create a new file system

Hi Please I dont have a lot of redhat skills, but I need some help on creating a file system. I need to rescan for this new LUN, so I try to check existing LUNs: fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 299.4 GB, 299439751168 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 36404 cylinders Units = cylinders of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies
MSTAT(3PVM)							  PVM Version 3.4						       MSTAT(3PVM)

NAME
pvm_mstat - Returns the status of a host in the virtual machine. SYNOPSIS
C int mstat = pvm_mstat( char *host ) Fortran call pvmfmstat( host, mstat ) PARAMETERS
host Character string containing the host name. mstat Integer returning machine status: value MEANING PvmOk host is OK PvmNoHost host is not in virtual machine PvmHostFail host is unreachable (and thus possibly failed) DESCRIPTION
The routine pvm_mstat returns the status mstat of the computer named host with respect to running PVM processes. This routine can be used to determine if a particular host has failed and if the virtual machine needs to be reconfigured. The function pvm_notify() can also be used to notify the caller that a host has failed. EXAMPLES
C: mstat = pvm_mstat( "msr.ornl.gov" ); Fortran: CALL PVMFMSTAT( 'msr.ornl.gov', MSTAT ) ERRORS
These error conditions can be returned by pvm_mstat PvmSysErr pvmd not responding. PvmNoHost giving a host name not in the virtual machine. PvmHostFail host is unreachable (and thus possibly failed). SEE ALSO
pvm_notify(3PVM), pvm_config(3PVM) 30 August, 1993 MSTAT(3PVM)