Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Memory full
Operating Systems AIX Memory full Post 302628413 by misterx12345 on Monday 23rd of April 2012 12:31:52 PM
Old 04-23-2012
Thx everyone for your replies !!!!
I was off for a couple of days and forgot to reply.
I was thinking that first the Ram will first be used and then the swap files, but I forgot this is not Windows machineSmilie
Anyway, this is all interesting. At the moment I am busy with Solaris systems and have a couple of AIX systems running. Those systems will be now managed by our AIX guy and I can concentrate more on the Solaris systems.
Thx.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Memory full (waiting)

Hi When I launch topas I have this result I have a memory problem. I don't know how see the process which waiting. How can I do that? Thanks all!!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

memory full warning message

Hi I wrote a script #!/usr/bin/ksh #set -x for fs in `df -k|awk '{print $1}'|sed -n "3,14 p"` do x=`df -kl | grep $fs | awk '{ print $5 }'` y=50% if then message="File System `df -k |grep $fs |awk '{print $6\", \"$5}'`... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

3. Linux

my box can't see full memory

Hi I'be recently installed Virtouzzo on Centos 5 on 16GB box , but the system could only see 4 GB of RAM, I installed the package kernel-PAE, but the virtuozzo kernel still can't see the full memory. even the kernel system can see 16GB of RAM is there any idea bout that ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raied
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to find Total and Free Physical Memory and Logical Memory in SOLARIS 9

Hi, Im working on Solaris 9 on SPARC-32 bit running on an Ultra-80, and I have to find out the following:- 1. Total Physical Memory in the system(total RAM). 2. Available Physical Memory(i.e. RAM Usage) 3. Total (Logical) Memory in the system 4. Available (Logical) Memory. I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

5. Programming

How to deal with lots of data in memory in order not to run out of memory

Hi, I'm trying to learn how to manage memory when I have to deal with lots of data. Basically I'm indexing a huge file (5GB, but it can be bigger), by creating tables that holds offset <-> startOfSomeData information. Currently I'm mapping the whole file at once (yep!) but of course the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emitrax
1 Replies

6. Solaris

restrcit physical memory with zone.max-locked-memory

Is it possible to restrict physical memory in solaris zone with zone.max-locked-memory just like we can do with rcapd ? I do not want to used rcapd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

8. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

9. AIX

100% Inode full with only 67% FS full.

AIX Version 6.1 and 7.1. I understand that when the OS initially creates the FS and inodes, its pretty strict, but not always tuned to a 1:1 ratio. I see the same thing when adding a whole disk LV to a separate device. It seems that when we expand a filesystem the inodes don't get tuned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies
GSIGNAL(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							GSIGNAL(3)

NAME
gsignal, ssignal - software signal facility SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> typedef void (*sighandler_t)(int); int gsignal(intsignum); sighandler_t ssignal(int signum, sighandler_t action); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): gsignal(), ssignal(): _SVID_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
Don't use these functions under Linux. Due to a historical mistake, under Linux these functions are aliases for raise(3) and signal(2), respectively. Elsewhere, on System V-like systems, these functions implement software signaling, entirely independent of the classical signal(2) and kill(2) functions. The function ssignal() defines the action to take when the software signal with number signum is raised using the func- tion gsignal(), and returns the previous such action or SIG_DFL. The function gsignal() does the following: if no action (or the action SIG_DFL) was specified for signum, then it does nothing and returns 0. If the action SIG_IGN was specified for signum, then it does noth- ing and returns 1. Otherwise, it resets the action to SIG_DFL and calls the action function with argument signum, and returns the value returned by that function. The range of possible values signum varies (often 1-15 or 1-17). CONFORMING TO
These functions are available under AIX, DG/UX, HP-UX, SCO, Solaris, Tru64. They are called obsolete under most of these systems, and are broken under Linux libc and glibc. Some systems also have gsignal_r() and ssignal_r(). SEE ALSO
kill(2), signal(2), raise(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2007-07-26 GSIGNAL(3)