Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to ignore quoted separators Post 302628395 by radoulov on Monday 23rd of April 2012 11:53:09 AM
Old 04-23-2012
With Perl:

Code:
perl -MText::ParseWords -nle'
  print +(parse_line(",",0, $_))[3];
  ' infile

GNU awk 4+:

Code:
awk '{ print $4 }' FPAT='([^,]+)|("[^"]+")' infile

This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search for Quoted strings (')

Hi All, I have files: 1. abc.sql 'This is a sample file for testing' This does not have quotations this also does not have quotations. and this 'has quotations'. here I need to list the hard coded strings 'This is a sample file for testing' and 'has quotations'. So i have... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: kprattip
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to remove separators from file

Hi, I have huge file, head -1 filneame gives, I just want to remove "##colsep##" from the file, and also want to count the no. of fileds present, as in Output shld be in newfile as TRADE_KEY,TRADE_DATE and total no. of fileds separated by these comma's ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: niceboykunal123
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK multiple fields separators

I need to print the second field of a file, taking spaces, tab and = as field separators. ; for 16-bit app support MAPI=1 CMC=1 CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll MAPIX=1 MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1 OLEMessaging=1 asf=MPEGVideo asx=MPEGVideo ivf=MPEGVideo m3u=MPEGVideo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PamPam
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unterminated quoted string

Hello! I wroted a little script that should check for new updates on a server and get them if any. The problem is, every time I run it with sh, I'm getting an "script: 20: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string" error! The problem is, there isn't any "unterminated quoted string" in my script:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: al0x
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use two separators in awk.

Hi, Gurus, I have a file like 1 234, 345, 456 2 345, 456, 345 I want to use awk with multipe separator ( one is comma, another is space)print out $1, $3 which should be: 1, 345 2, 456 but I don't know how to put space as separator with another separator. Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take quoted output from one script as quoted input for another script

Hi, I have a script output.sh which produces the following output (as an example): "abc def" "ghi jkl" This output should be handled from script input.sh as input and the quotes should be treated as variable delimiters but not as regular characters. input.sh (processing positional... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stresing
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count Fields with Quoted Field

Hi, I used to count number of fields using following command head -1 <filename> | awk -F"," '{print NF}' Now the scenario is the delimiter(comma) occurs inside one of the data field. How to ignore the comma inside data and consider only delimiter and count number of fields. The fields are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ethanr100
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can one use 2 field separators in awk?

I have files such as n02-z30-dsr65-terr0.25-dc0.008-16x12drw-run1.cmd I am wondering if it is possible to define two field separators "-" and "." for these strings so that $7 is run1. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep quoted numbers from lines

I want to parse the lines and want to extract the double quoted numbers as: "SQL3149N "72" rows were processed from the input file. "0" rows were successfully inserted into the table. "0" rows were rejected." and want the output in 3 variables like a=72 b=0 c=0 thanks in advance ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh_191
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Exclude dash (-) from word separators in vi

vi uses dash and space as word separators. is there any way to exclude dash from word separators ? This is required to work with the symbols generated by ctags exe. when symbol contain a "-" ,vi tags fails to locate that even though symbol is generated properly. For example Symbol -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabhi
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)