Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disable RBAC - AIX
Operating Systems AIX Disable RBAC - AIX Post 302628253 by Zio Bill on Monday 23rd of April 2012 07:34:53 AM
Old 04-23-2012
Disable RBAC - AIX

Hi all,
i have a little problem...
I have a Trusted AIX v. 6.1 installed on my system p.

I can't disable RBAC mode...

Code:
$ lsattr -El sys0 -a enhanced_RBAC
enhanced_RBAC true Enhanced RBAC Mode True

$ chdev -l sys0 -a enhanced_RBAC=false
Method error (/usr/lib/methods/chggen):
0514-018 The values specified for the following attributes
are not valid:
enhanced_RBAC Enhanced RBAC Mode

I have tried with user isso,sa,so (with swrole enable).

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Mario

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags, thanks!

Last edited by zaxxon; 04-23-2012 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable Keyboard in AIX 5.2

Hi all. I have a log file that the operators monitor. This file is simply tailed -f on a screen in the ops room. I would like to know if there is anyway I can disable the keyboard from any input other than physically unpluging it. Something like a trap in the script. The system is AIX 5.2. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable root for AIX 5.2

I am able to disable direct root login through telnet. But when I add the rlogin = false into the /etc/security/user file. I am unable to log in as root from ssh. I uncommented the "PermitRootLogin yes" in the sshd_config file. Still can't log in. Can anyone help? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: james0125
0 Replies

3. AIX

disable inbound mail for AIX 5.3

Hi All, How do I disable inbound mail for AIX 5.3 server? I just need the outbound mail. It's using the native sendmail program. Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. AIX

FTP access disable in AIX

Hello, I have AIX machine communication to mainframe machine. From AIX machine, i have to use always SSH communication. For this, i have created SSH tunnel in AIX machine and using FTP with SSH. Now both connections are working: 1) only FTP to mainframe machine 2) create SSH and do FTP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
3 Replies

5. AIX

Disable Banner Printing AIX ?

Can someone help me disable the banner printing in AIX 6 I am using HPjetDirect Drivers. SO whenever i print anything from Oracle application, a banner is printed. like the one below ######### User: alices@hostname ##### Title: /etc/release ##### Date: Fri 17:23 Mar 27, 2009 ##### ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to disable/remove c-shell in aix?

Hi Team, I want to either disable C-shell permanently from my system. since the package bos.rte.shell 5.3.9.2 APPLIED Shells (bsh, ksh, csh) contains all 3 shells, please guide me how I can remove or permanently disable cshell from my box. I know I can rename /usr/bin/csh and disable but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: falgun6666
2 Replies

8. AIX

Allow telnet in AIX from specific IP adds, but disable for everyone else

I need to change the security on our AIX servers and disable telnet from all but certain IP addresses. I have hashed the telnet line in /etc/inetd.conf and added filter rules for those IP adds to allow access on port 23, but this didn't work. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alps
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX Disable direct root login problems

I have disabled rlogin for root successfully , but after that i could not login to root from console and could not su to root from other users as it responded as expired account I did not have any admin user but I have managed to recover the situation by accessing rootvg before mounting it, but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: majd_ece
5 Replies
cmdprivadm(1M)															    cmdprivadm(1M)

NAME
cmdprivadm - noninteractive editing of a command's authorization and privilege information in the privrun database SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
is a noninteractive command that allows user with appropriate permission to add or delete a command and its privileges in the Role-Base Access Control (RBAC) database, See privrun(1M) for more details on this file. When adding a line to the database, sets fields that are not specified a default value. When deleting a line, the lines matching all the given pairs will be deleted. That is, if all fields specified match, the entry will be deleted. Appends a line as specified in pairs in the file. Deletes a line as specified in pairs from file. HP recommends that only the and commands be used to edit and view the RBAC databases; do not edit the RBAC files directly. See rbac(5) for information on the RBAC databases. Options The following options are valid pairs for command should include the full path name of the command. There can be one or more arguments following the command. filename should specify the full path name of a file name. Specifies the operation. Specifies the object. Specifies the real user ID (ruid). Specifies the effective user ID (euid). Specifies the real group ID (rgid). Specifies the effective group ID (egid). Specifies the compartment. Specifies the privileges. Specifies the PAM service name to reauthenticate under. See pam.conf(4) for a list of PAM services. Specifies the flags. Note: You must enclose values that contain the space character, or any characters that may be interpreted by the shell, with single quotes. For example, if the has one or more arguments, enclose them with single quotes: Authorizations: In order to invoke the user must either be root, (running with effective UID of 0), or have the appropriate authorizations. The following is a list of the required authorizations for running with particular options: Allows user to run with options. Allows user to run with options. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. International Code Set Support Single-byte character code set is supported. RETURN VALUE
Upon completion, returns one of the following values: Success. Failure. An appropriate error message is printed on standard error. EXAMPLES
The following commands add entries into the file: The following commands delete entries from the file: FILES
Database containing valid definitions of all roles. Database containing definitions of all valid authorizations. Database specifying the roles allowed for each specified user. Database defining the authorizations for each specified role. Database containing the authorization to execute specified commands, and the privileges to alter UID and GID for command execution. SEE ALSO
authadm(1M), privrun(1M), rbacdbchk(1M), roleadm(1M), rbac(5). cmdprivadm(1M)