Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris visudo: write error: No space left on device Post 302628127 by Scrutinizer on Monday 23rd of April 2012 02:47:54 AM
Old 04-23-2012
Hi, we are waiting for your update.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

no space left on device

I have a SCO UNIX on my Server. When I last tried to shutdown my system, I got an error message “no space left on device”. Now when I try to boot the system again, I just can't and I get the same error message. Please help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjane
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat: write error: No space left on device

I am trying to create new files under my directory...but i getting the following message... cat: write error: No space left on device How do we handle this error. I am not getting this error when I login as the super user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: igandu
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No space left on device

hello all, i have a proc binary that we run on unix environment, and it is generating this error '' tstfile(): No space left on device '' can you please assist on how to narrow down the problem? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdbouk
4 Replies

4. Solaris

No space left on device but free space and inodes are available...

hi guys, me again ;) i recently opened a thread about physical to zone migration. My zone is mounted over a "bigger" LUN (500GB) and step is now to move the old files, from the physical server, to my zone. We are talking about 22mio of files. i used rsync to do that and every time at... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
8 Replies

5. HP-UX

Received error as Not enough space left on device

Hi Forum, We have observed one problem in one of our HP-UX machines which runs a software which connects the radio frequency scan devices and the scanned information is stored in the database through the same software. This software has thrown an error like "Not enough space left on the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishant.Jvk
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write to 1 failed [No space left on device]

I am getting error in a shell script having a simple date command. Error is " write to 1 failed ". We saw that /tmp folder was 100% full. When we cleared some space in /tmp folder then script worked fine. Why does date command(or any other command) require space in /tmp folder? Which settings... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahish20
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sed: couldn't write 1378 items to stdout: No space left on device

Hi , In file first line start with "",when trying to remove using sed i am getting the below error .Please advise sed -e 's///g' -e 's/$]//g' segment1.txt >>segment_m1 sed: couldn't write 1378 items to stdout: No space left on device Thanks, Mohan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan705
1 Replies

8. Linux

No space left on device while there is plenty of space available

Hello all posting here after scanning the net and tried most of the things offered still no solution that worked when I do : $ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on footmpfs 7.9G 60K 7.9G 1% /dev tmpfs 7.9G 0 7.9G 0% /dev/shm /dev/da1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Write to 1 failed [No space left on device] Error

Running a installation on Solaris 11 and getting error write to 1 failed If anyone can advise ? ORIGINAL_PATH="${PATH}" # prepend /usr/xpg4/bin to PATH as needed temporaryPath=`expr "${PATH}:" : '\(/usr/xpg4/bin:\)'` if then PATH="/usr/xpg4/bin:${PATH}" seem to have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mpumi
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Sol11 - Error at prompt (no space left on device)

user1@:/$ -ksh: line 3: write to 1 failed user11@:/$ -ksh: line 3: write to 1 failed user1@:/$ -ksh: line 3: write to 1 failed user1@:/$ -ksh: line 3: write to 1 failed user1@:/$ -ksh: line 3: write to 1 failed But theres plenty of space :- user1@:/$ df -kh Filesystem ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
9 Replies
update(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 update(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
update - Process pending events and idle callbacks SYNOPSIS
update ?idletasks? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is used to bring the application "up to date" by entering the event loop repeatedly until all pending events (including idle callbacks) have been processed. If the idletasks keyword is specified as an argument to the command, then no new events or errors are processed; only idle callbacks are invoked. This causes operations that are normally deferred, such as display updates and window layout calculations, to be performed imme- diately. The update idletasks command is useful in scripts where changes have been made to the application's state and you want those changes to appear on the display immediately, rather than waiting for the script to complete. Most display updates are performed as idle callbacks, so update idletasks will cause them to run. However, there are some kinds of updates that only happen in response to events, such as those triggered by window size changes; these updates will not occur in update idletasks. The update command with no options is useful in scripts where you are performing a long-running computation but you still want the applica- tion to respond to events such as user interactions; if you occasionally call update then user input will be processed during the next call to update. EXAMPLE
Run computations for about a second and then finish: set x 1000 set done 0 after 1000 set done 1 while {!$done} { # A very silly example! set x [expr {log($x) ** 2.8}] # Test to see if our time-limit has been hit. This would # also give a chance for serving network sockets and, if # the Tk package is loaded, updating a user interface. update } SEE ALSO
after(n), interp(n) KEYWORDS
event, flush, handler, idle, update Tcl 7.5 update(n)