Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to replace html line into a command line? Post 302627963 by birei on Sunday 22nd of April 2012 03:02:10 PM
Old 04-22-2012
Hi nitrofurano,

One way with perl:
Code:
$ perl -MLWP::Simple -e '
    if ( ( grep { m/middle/ && m/hex/ } split /\n/, get( q[http://www.chromatweet.com/index.html] ) )[0] =~ m/"hex">(\d+)</ ) { 
        system( q[fbsetroot], q[-solid], qq['#$1'] ) 
    }
'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace text in a file from the command line...

I am having to do a lot of searching thru files to replace words. Is there a command that i can run that will alow me to hunt thru a group of files and replace one word with another without having to open each file idividually? -thanks;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dudboy
1 Replies

2. AIX

Command line/Script to send E-mail with HTML body and binary attachment

I apoligize for the cross-post but I'm not getting much in the way of help in the dummies forum: I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace space, that is not in html tags <> with new line using sed

Hi, I am working on transforming html code text into the .vert text format. I want to use linux utility sed. I have this regexp which should do the work: s/ \(?!*>\)/\n/g. I use it like this with sed: echo "you <we try> there" | sed 's/ \(?!*>\)/\n/g' ... The demanded output should be: you <we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt1311
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Line too long error Replace string with new line line character

I get a file which has all its content in a single row. The file contains xml data containing 3000 records, but all in a single row, making it difficult for Unix to Process the file. I decided to insert a new line character at all occurrences of a particular string in this file (say replacing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ducati
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a word with new line and /

Hi, I have been trying to replace the key word "SQL> spool off " with "/ show errors" with out double quotes in all the files in a directory. above show erros should be displayed next line Could you please help me how to do that. I have tried something like this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple line search, replace second line, using awk or sed

All, I appreciate any help you can offer here as this is well beyond my grasp of awk/sed... I have an input file similar to: &LOG &LOG Part: "@DB/TC10000021855/--F" &LOG &LOG &LOG Part: "@DB/TC10000021852/--F" &LOG Cloning_Action: RETAIN &LOG Part: "@DB/TCCP000010713/--A" &LOG &LOG... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarmaPoliceT2
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe.

Sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe. Is it possible to replace a whole line piped from someother command into a file at paritcular line... here is some basic execution flow.. the line number is 412 lineNo=412 Now i have a line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace values in script reading line by line using sed

Hi all, Let's say I have a script calling for the two variables PA_VALUE and PB_VALUE. for pa in PA_VALUE blah blah do for pb in PB_VALUE blah blah do I have a text file with two columns of values for PA and PB. 14.5 16.7 7.8 9.5 5.6 3.6 etc etc I would like to read this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimsonengineer
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace outliers in bash, with one-line command?

I need to replace outliers from time series, an example below (outlier at x-position 386). The problem is that I do not want to smooth this line, I would like to replace the outlier with, for instance, an average value from the two consecutive values (i.e., average value from positions 385 and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gery
2 Replies
base32::hex(n)							  Base32 encoding						    base32::hex(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
base32::hex - base32 extended hex encoding SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require base32::core ?0.1? package require base32::hex ?0.1? ::base32::hex::encode string ::base32::hex::decode estring _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides commands for encoding and decoding of strings into and out of the extended hex base32 encoding as specified in the RFC 3548bis draft. API
::base32::hex::encode string This command encodes the given string in extended hex base32 and returns the encoded string as its result. The result may be padded with the character = to signal a partial encoding at the end of the input string. ::base32::hex::decode estring This commands takes the estring and decodes it under the assumption that it is a valid extended hex base32 encoded string. The result of the decoding is returned as the result of the command. Note that while the encoder will generate only uppercase characters this decoder accepts input in lowercase as well. The command will always throw an error whenever encountering conditions which signal some type of bogus input, namely if [1] the input contains characters which are not valid output of a extended hex base32 encoder, [2] the length of the input is not a multiple of eight, [3] padding appears not at the end of input, but in the middle, [4] the padding has not of length six, four, three, or one characters, CODE MAP
The code map used to convert 5-bit sequences is shown below, with the numeric id of the bit sequences to the left and the character used to encode it to the right. The important feature of the extended hex mapping is that the first 16 codes map to the digits and hex characters. 0 0 9 9 18 I 27 R 1 1 10 A 19 J 28 S 2 2 11 B 20 K 29 T 3 3 12 C 21 L 30 U 4 4 13 D 22 M 31 V 5 5 14 E 23 N 6 6 15 F 24 O 7 7 16 G 25 P 8 8 17 H 26 Q BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category base32 of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
base32, hex, rfc3548 CATEGORY
Text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) Public domain base32 0.1 base32::hex(n)