Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming curses.h not found , gtk/gtk.h not found Post 302627753 by Corona688 on Saturday 21st of April 2012 05:21:49 PM
Old 04-21-2012
It's also possible you have the curses library but not the curses headers. Binary distributions in particular are cursed with the problem that, to actually compile using any of the libraries you have installed, you must individually hunt down and pin to the wall dozens of indivudal such-and-such-dev or devel packages. Make sure you have both the library and its headers installed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Curses.h not found ...

I am writing a program which uses curses.h. I do not have any problem when compilng it in Digital UNIX at my school. But when I compiling it in Mandrake Linux 6.0 at my home, I got a error message said that curses.h not found. Does curses.h include in Linux? How to slove my problem? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MacMonster
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to start my gtk+

hi, i am a total dummy of unix. i am not used to the unix convention and practice. currently i am trying to install and use the solaris GUI based ftp program called gtk+ (gtk+-1.2.10-sol8-sparc-local.gz). i downloaded it and installed it successfully on my Sun Solaris sparc version 8. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
4 Replies

3. Linux

GTK+ hates me

I am very new to the linux environment. I have been interested in it for years but have just recently had the courage to pop that install disk into my PC. Because of it's ease of installation, I installed Mandrake 9.1 and I'm running KDE3.1 for my GUI. Right now I'm trying to conquer the world... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: n0data
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i hate gtk and kde!

i don't want to install any themes, but i do want to get rid of the god awful color scheme it defaults to. i've tried editing /usr/X11R6/share/themes/Default/gtk-2.0/gtkrc, but to no avail. i've also changed, and even removed the .gtkrc-kde that kde generates automatically, also to no avail. ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: brandan
12 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

GTK+ project

Hai, I am santhosh,I am fresher to this Forum,I want details about GTK+ Project(All Widgets--- I mean how they are programming in callback.c file). if it possible please send information regarding this Glade tool.I want to interface glade with Modbus protocol, Thankyou with best regards,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhosh.linux
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

7. Programming

GUI without GTK - Is it possible?

Is GUI programming without GTK possible? If so, how? Or what libraries should I #include? Google seems to tell me that GUI programming in C++ is much more popular then in C. I'm assuming because of the Object Orientedness (if that is even a word)? Before you say things like "Search the forums",... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Octal
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gtk-WARNING **:

Hi all, I want to run a 32 bit program on a 64 bit linux machine. Installing the program was no issue but when I try to run it I get Warnings that look like this: Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk" Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
3 Replies

9. Fedora

GTK Themes

Hi, So, I have a GTK based GUI app. I used GTKdevel-2.24 to develop and compile it on two different distros of linux: Fedora 14 and Linaro (tablet). All of my code was the same for each but compiled on each platform separately (32bit and ARM). Both distros run the application. On Fedora 14... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora18
0 Replies
form_cursor(3CURSES)					     Curses Library Functions					      form_cursor(3CURSES)

NAME
form_cursor, pos_form_cursor - position forms window cursor SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lform -lcurses [ library... ] #include <form.h> int pos_form_cursor(FORM *form); DESCRIPTION
pos_form_cursor() moves the form window cursor to the location required by the form driver to resume form processing. This may be needed after the application calls a curses library I/O routine. RETURN VALUES
pos_form_cursor() returns one of the following: E_OK Thefunction returned successfully. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error. E_BAD_ARGUMENT An argument is incorrect. E_NOT_POSTED The form is not posted. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curses(3CURSES), forms(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <form.h> automatically includes the headers <eti.h> and <curses.h>. SunOS 5.10 31 Dec 1996 form_cursor(3CURSES)