Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed&awk: replace lines with counting numbers Post 302627739 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 21st of April 2012 03:33:03 PM
Old 04-21-2012
Shell:
Code:
i=10000
while IFS= read -r line; do 
  case $line in 
    \\storage*) printf "%s%05d\n" '\newplace\' $((i+=1)) ;; 
    *)          printf "%s\n" "$line" ;;
  esac
done < infile

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 04-21-2012 at 04:40 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed counting lines

Hi, I'm using the command: sed -n '$=' $1 on a sh script on AIX. This script is used to count the number of lines of files. If the file has no lines at all the command doesn't return nothing. I need the command to return 0 when the file has no lines at all. How can I achieve this? Best... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jppedroso
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed to search & replace data in first column

Hi All, I need help in manipulating the data in first column in a file. The sample data looks like below, Mon Jul 18 00:32:52 EDT 2011,NULL,UAT Jul 19 2011,NULL,UAT 1] All field in the file are separated by "," 2] File is having weekly data extracted from database 3] For eg.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk array syntax & counting script

..... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbee11
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective Replacements: Using sed or awk to replace letters with numbers in a very specific way

Hello all. I am a beginner UNIX user who is using UNIX to work on a bioinformatics project for my university. I have a bit of a complicated issue in trying to use sed (or awk) to "find and replace" bases (letters) in a genetics data spreadsheet (converted to a text file, can be either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mince
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running sed and counting number of lines processed

/bin/sed -n ';4757335,$ p' | wc -l /bin/sed -n ';4757335,$ p' | egrep "Failed" | egrep -c "PM late arrrival" how can i combine the above two sed commands into one? i want to count the number of lines between the specified line number and the end of the file. AND and i want to count how many... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk/perl command to replace pattern in multiple lines

Hi I know sed and awk has options to give range of line numbers, but I need to replace pattern in specific lines Something like sed -e '1s,14s,26s/pattern/new pattern/' file name Can somebody help me in this.... I am fine with see/awk/perl Thank you in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani777
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace lines of two files by the corresponding line numbers.

I want to replace lines. The files 1 are (separated by \t) Gm01 phytozome9_0 three_prime_UTR 70641 70759 . - . ID=PAC:26323927.three_prime_UTR.1;Parent=PAC:26323927;pacid=26323927 Gm01 phytozome9_0 three_prime_UTR 90230 90692 . - . ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grace_shen
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting lines in a file using awk

I want to count lines of a file using AWK (only) and not in the END part like this awk 'END{print FNR}' because I want to use it. Does anyone know of a way? Thanks a lot. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guitarist684
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed/awk to find negative numbers and replace with 1?

Greetings. I have a three column file, and there are some numbers in the second column that are <1. However I need all numbers to be positive, thus need to replace all those numbers with just one. I feel like there must be a simple way to use awk to find these numbers and sed to replace but can't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed to replace / between the two numbers

i Have a file as following view pz19a0c0/1000T_J_3MoDw9DSLh1ZsCubdua-LKOQmbtiVgkIsiMbSiwF467?sessionId=15451401994597121249 view pz19a0c0/100086X67pR0MwzWnhhSO6sAEoxeFMyhh-IIbUCCdxicaQM4FC9?sessionId=154514019945971212494898 view/cart ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghuram717
5 Replies
IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream" - stream-based protocols using lines of text SYNOPSIS
Most likely this class will be subclassed to implement a particular network protocol. package Net::Async::HelloWorld; use strict; use warnings; use base qw( IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream ); sub on_read_line { my $self = shift; my ( $line ) = @_; if( $line =~ m/^HELLO (.*)/ ) { my $name = $1; $self->invoke_event( on_hello => $name ); } } sub send_hello { my $self = shift; my ( $name ) = @_; $self->write_line( "HELLO $name" ); } This small example elides such details as error handling, which a real protocol implementation would be likely to contain. DESCRIPTION
EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_read_line $line Invoked when a new complete line of input is received. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": on_read_line => CODE CODE reference for the "on_read_line" event. METHODS
$lineprotocol->write_line( $text ) Writes a line of text to the transport stream. The text will have the end-of-line marker appended to it; $text should not end with it. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)