Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Send email if the condition matches Post 302627567 by asistant on Friday 20th of April 2012 07:24:07 PM
Old 04-20-2012
rbatte1, I agree with you. thank you for pointing me the right direction. I think i come up with this solution for now. I am not sure it is the best way to do it but it seems like working OK for now .

Code:
today=`date '+%m/%d/'`
$(cat filename | grep $today | awk -F: '{print $9}')

then use for each loop to send email.

Last edited by asistant; 04-21-2012 at 12:36 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email to user when condition met

Hi all, I plan to write a shell script to inform users on their task when certain condition met. example: If a then email user on action a else email user on action b. I'm pretty new in scripting, appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Send an email from Solaris using Linux email server

Hello everyone I have a problem and I need your help: I have a Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 UNIX Servers, and Linux Centos4 as email server. I need send an email from Solaris servers preferably using Centos4 email server. I have no mail service configured in my Solaris computers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aflores
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to ldap, send email to a ou or group, and see a list from email client

hi, i'm running openldap on ubuntu 10.04, creating new items with apache directory studio (windows version). i use the ldap just as an address book to our small office (email clients are windows live mail 2009, 2011, microsoft outlook 2007 and 2010). a. i cant see a list of the contacts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: V4705
0 Replies

7. SuSE

Send outgoing email to my GroupWise email

Dear users, I have Linux server whose versions are Suse 10 SP 3 and Suse 11. I am trying to send email from these servers to my GroupWise email account. In /etc/postfix/main.cf file, The current value of MYHOSTNAME is LINUX.LOCAL. What should be the right value of MYHOSTNAME? Is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDBA
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping only if condition matches

Dear Friends, I have a flat file which is as follows $cat sample 123,456,1,1,1,1 sdfas,345,1,1,1,1 dfgd,234,2,3,4,1 ggffgr,234,4,3,2,1 jkhu,354.1,1,1,1 $ I want to get output of only those lines which has '1' in 3 to 5 position. So I want output as follows 123,456,1,1,1,1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a text and if condition matches then replace it

Need a script that can find text in a file and replace it accordingly. This is the file I have: while IFS=',' read -r f1 f2 f3 do { nohup /home/testuser/dbmaintenance/sys_offline_maintenance.sh $f1 $f2 $f3 > $f2.out & } done < "/home/testuser/dbmaintenance/week1offlineserver.txt" In... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: singhhe
4 Replies
mhc(1)							      General Commands Manual							    mhc(1)

NAME
today - Show your today's schedules. SYNOPSIS
today [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the today commands. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. today is a program that show your schedules in MHC repository. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. --format=FORMAT change output format. FORMAT is 'html' or 'ps. --category=CATEGORY Pick only in CATEGORY. '!' and space separated multiple values are allowed. --date=strig[+n] Set a period of date. String is one of these: today, tomorrow, sun ... sat, yyyymmdd, yyyymm. yyyymm lists all days in the month. list n+1 days of schedules if +n is given. default value is 'today+0' --mail=ADDRESS Send a e-mail to ADDRESS instead of listing to stdout SEE ALSO
adb2mhc(1), gemcal(1), mhc-scan(1), mhc2palm(1), palm2mhc(1), mhc(5). AUTHOR
This program was written by Yoshinari Nomura <nom@quickhack.net> and this manual page was written by Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 23 Jun 2000 mhc(1)