Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers really dumb MV command question Post 302627505 by ideal2545 on Friday 20th of April 2012 04:27:44 PM
Old 04-20-2012
Is there anyway to specific this as relative to the file? I will be running this script in one parent directory that contains multiple different folder names in it

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dumb question

My problem is as follows: I have to write a korn shell script which will run mutiple java applications one after one. For example, I will execute the java application A first, after it is done I will run application B. My question is how do I do this? How does my korn shell script know that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhab99
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

really dumb question...

ok i decided to go with Mandrake so i went to the site to download it and that took me to a mirror site. ok. so once i get there were can i find the install file(s) that i need? i only see a series of folder and files. the ones that say intall are instructions but i don't see the files themselves.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchillin
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script dumb question

Hi, i'm dealing with a script and I have one question. If I have these: #!/bin/bash wget http://somesite/file.tar tar xvf file.tar exit I need the line that contains the command tar to wait until file.tar is completly downloaded, but it doesn't and continues with the next line... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok really dumb question but...

Does anyone have detailed info on how to download the files. I go to www.freebsd.com and then i dont know what to do. I dont know why i dont know but im drawing a complete blank so is there anyone that can provide a step by step procedure for downloading/installing Linux? :confused: :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corrail
3 Replies

5. AIX

got a dumb question where do i get AIX 5.3 from

Guys, ive been looking about , but obviously not hard enough, Where do i get AIX 5.3 from ? DO i need to purchase it or is it free to download on a single user license ?:confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmccull
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another dumb question...

Probably a really easy one for you guru's out there...:rolleyes: I need to make sure the reverse address lookup daemon in rarpd, is running. How do I do so? :confused: Did a grep for the process but couldnt find it, also looked in all the normal places, /bin etc... Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another dumb question but...

When getting a listing of files using "ls -l", my output shows the permissions, #oflinks???, owner, group, size, month-day-time, and file. In the example below, how would I know what year the file was last modified? -rw-rw-r--, 28, root, root, 2048, Oct 28 15:10, somefile.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KGee
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

this is a very dumb question...i know... :(

hi, when we do an "ls -l" on a directory, we get the listing of the contents of that dir... what is the meaning of some numbers...example in ; -rw-r--r-- 1 idr supp 0 Feb 18 19:41 dmesg drwxrwsrwx 2 root sys 96 Dec 27 15:31 test09 drwxr-xr-x 3 bin ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with dumb for-loop question

can anyone please suggest what is wrong with this command: for i in ; do cat ~/Downloads/Project/p0s0n15.tcl>>~/Downloads/Project/p0s0n15_$i.tcl; ./setdest -n 15 -p 0 -M 5 -t 100 -x 500 -y 500 >>~/Downloads/Project/p0s0n15_$i.tcl; cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amithkhandakar
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dumb question on the ping command

I have a continuous ping running with export/timestamp to a file. It ran for about 10 hours and the last line in my output is: ping: sendmsg: Network is unreachable It looks like the ping stopped after that occurred. Should it do that? Is there a way to make that not happen? I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soleblazer
2 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-move - Move or Rename ECaccess Files SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-move -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-move [-debug] source-ecaccess-file target-ecaccess-file DESCRIPTION
Allow moving an ECaccess File. When the move occurs within the same ECaccess File System then it is a rename. When the move occurs across two different ECaccess File Systems then first a copy is done and then a delete of the original file is done (e.g. similar to ecaccess- file-copy ... -erase). The source-ecaccess-file and target-ecaccess-file are in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
source-ecaccess-file The source ECaccess File name. target-ecaccess-file The target ECaccess File name. OPTIONS
-version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt ec:test2.txt Rename the test1.txt file in the ECFS directory of the authenticated user in test2.txt. ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt home:test2.txt Copy the test1.txt file from the ECFS directory of the authenticated user to the test2.txt file in the $HOME directory of the authenticated user, then delete the test1.txt file from ECFS. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-chmod, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)