Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Read values from file.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read values from file. Post 302627479 by Corona688 on Friday 20th of April 2012 03:52:48 PM
Old 04-20-2012
There's no point going to all that trouble to set variables of the right name if all you're going to do is put them in an associative array after. Read the code, try to understand what it's doing, don't just copy it blindly.

Only extremely specific shells are going to have associative arrays available.

Code:
while IFS="=" read VAR VALUE
do
        VAR="${VAR// }"
        Values[$i]=${VALUE}
        let i++;
done <  ConfigFile

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I read variable values from file?

Hi, I want to pratmeterze my scripts like, my confRsync file contains varibale values for 1. host 2. Destination and 3. source like this, I want to read this values from this and assing to my makeRsyn.sh file's varibales. how to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I pass or read values from file ?

Hi one & All , My Need is to Create 64 Partition and create File System in Linux. I have the Script ... for((a=0;a<=63;a++)) do fdisk /dev/cciss/c0d$a done for((a=0;a<=63;a++)) do mkfs.ext2 /dec/cciss/'c0d'$a'p1' done the moment I run the Script I get the Prompt ... Command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nix-kid
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read only the first two values from a file in unix

Hi, I'm new to unix.. I need to read only the first two values from a file that contains many data....My record is like this FTG_ver_num=7.0 RUN_ID=2 $$tgt_envrnmt_cd=FTG $$WRK_FLW_CD=NPL I need oly the values of ETG_ver_num and RUN_ID. i.e) output to be 7.0 and 2 The code i used... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghulshekar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read values from a file

Hi , I have a file with the following content I need the read the year and reporting from this file and store them in variables. I understand that we can read the file delimited by'=' but not sure how to extract the values correctly. Thanks in advance Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: w020637
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read variables and their values from file

Hi, I want to read the variables and the values from the txt file and compare these values with the ones computed by script. for ex: say var.txt contains the variable names and their values: one 1 two 2 three 3 The value of variables "one" "two" and "three" will be computed in the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhushana
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Read different values from external file?

Hi , I am new to this scripting , I am facing an issue like how to read different values from external file by using different variables, In script I supposed to declare var 1 var 2 var 3 I know how to call this variables from external file (I am using awk command by giving same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandini
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read record from the text file contain multiple separated values & assign those values to variables

I have a file containing multiple values, some of them are pipe separated which are to be read as separate values and some of them are single value all are these need to store in variables. I need to read this file which is an input to my script Config.txt file name, first path, second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read values from second file in awk

Hello Friends, I have written a script like the following, which finds some logs and fetchs some desired rows and then calculate average processing time of a spesific application. if then echo echo "----- There are three arguments which is expected to run this script! ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file to read values from Db2 table replacing hard coded values

Hi, I want to replace a chain of if-else statement in an old AWK file with values from Db2 table or CSV file. The part of code is below... if (start_new_rec=="true"){ exclude_user="false"; user=toupper($6); match(user, "XXXXX."); if (RSTART ==2 ) { ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asandy1234
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file and replace values in a script

Hi , I have a property file placed in folder /usr/opt/temp/aorc.prop which has values given below . I need to read this file content and replace the node with actual values in a shell script . Each time the script shall replace the node value from the poperty file and execute a cfsend command and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: samrat dutta
10 Replies
GIT-VAR(1)							    Git Manual								GIT-VAR(1)

NAME
git-var - Show a Git logical variable SYNOPSIS
git var ( -l | <variable> ) DESCRIPTION
Prints a Git logical variable. OPTIONS
-l Cause the logical variables to be listed. In addition, all the variables of the Git configuration file .git/config are listed as well. (However, the configuration variables listing functionality is deprecated in favor of git config -l.) EXAMPLE
$ git var GIT_AUTHOR_IDENT Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm@lnxi.com> 1121223278 -0600 VARIABLES
GIT_AUTHOR_IDENT The author of a piece of code. GIT_COMMITTER_IDENT The person who put a piece of code into Git. GIT_EDITOR Text editor for use by Git commands. The value is meant to be interpreted by the shell when it is used. Examples: ~/bin/vi, $SOME_ENVIRONMENT_VARIABLE, "C:Program FilesVimgvim.exe" --nofork. The order of preference is the $GIT_EDITOR environment variable, then core.editor configuration, then $VISUAL, then $EDITOR, and then the default chosen at compile time, which is usually vi. GIT_PAGER Text viewer for use by Git commands (e.g., less). The value is meant to be interpreted by the shell. The order of preference is the $GIT_PAGER environment variable, then core.pager configuration, then $PAGER, and then the default chosen at compile time (usually less). SEE ALSO
git-commit-tree(1) git-tag(1) git-config(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.3.1 06/10/2014 GIT-VAR(1)