Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print multiple copies page by page using lp command Post 302627237 by vbe on Friday 20th of April 2012 10:51:53 AM
Old 04-20-2012
I just tried on an AIX and HP-UX and it prints 2 copies at a time...
e.g.
Code:
man passwd|lp -n2 -o media=A4 -dlpvbe

I am not sure to find a solaris10 here that has a spooler or printer defined...
looking...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to print multiple copies of the same file

Hi, this is my first post so I hope I have placed it in the appropriate section! I have created a looping script to print a text file multiple times. The script works great, and it displays the job numbers of all the prints that result from its execution. The trouble is, only the first job... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alpha7
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print a specific page

Hi there, Does anyone know how to print a specified page using command like lpr? Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: randomcz
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

lpr- how to print from page to page

hi all i have file_1 which contains 66 pages and i want to print only page 1 to 3 i try to write like this lp -d name_of_printer file_1 -P 1-7 this command does not work any ideas ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print job seperator page

How do I get my linux login ID to print on seperator page on print jobs. Right now it prints " Remote User" thanks Jim (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdmowrer
0 Replies

5. Solaris

High Page In and Executable page In

Hi, Currently I'm experience very high page ins on my system running on solaris 10. From vmstat, the page ins figure is very high, further drill down shows the page ins are from file system and occassional spike in executable page ins. Details as follow: oracle@perch:/files>> vmstat 5... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srage
9 Replies

6. SCO

I need the print banner (extra page) disabled

I looked around the forum here and found some answers to getting the banner page disabled but when I print a test page they aren't working. The printer I'm printing to is a HPLaserJet 2300. I couldn't find no banner settings in it either. I'm using Sco OS 5.05. Please advise. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: texastig
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display command output page per page

Good afternoon, I wonder how i could use unix commands to ease the reading of long command result output ? like the "php -i" or any other command that returns a long answer. I could not find the right terms to Google it or search the forum. Therefore I bother you with this question. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mat_k
3 Replies

8. Slackware

Printer won't print but 1 page

OS: Slackwar 13.37 Printer: hpDeskjet 1000 j110 Printer Drivers/Software: HPLIP 3.11.3a (min was 3.10.9) and Cups The printer will print the first of n-pages but from page 2 on it prints the page (or part of it) backs up and starts again down about 0.8 lines and does this repeatedly till the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

9. Web Development

Page load time- local page

Hi Is there a way to calculate the page load time, I am trying to calculate the load time of a page locally. I found tools to do this over http or https but none that work locally. Any ideas? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for adding page number before page breaks

Hi, If there is an expert that can help: I have many txt files that are produced from pdftotext that include page breaks the page breaks seem to be unix style hex 0C. I want to add page numbers before each page break as in : Page XXXX Regards antman (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: antman
9 Replies
exit(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)