Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting accessing variable from while loop Post 302627161 by free2rhyme2k on Friday 20th of April 2012 09:20:04 AM
Old 04-20-2012
Thanks buddy. I'll have a look at that over the weekend.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing invidual characters in a variable name

hi, How do i access individual characters in a string variable value . say i have var=20060731. How do i retrieve 2,0,0,6 etc chars separately. Is there any Field separator in cut or awk to achieve the same? Regards, Suman (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman_jakkula
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing a variable from another script

Hi, Can anyone assist me on how to access a variable in a shell script from another script. for ex, Script-1 ------- #! /bin/sh c=10 Where as, i would like to access the velue of variable c in another script 'Script-2'. Thankyou to all in advance !! :b: :b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing the variable from pl sql bolck

I hve a PL SQL block in unix where i define a variable "var_px_cat" and use it for taking count SELECT COUNT(*) INTO var_px_cat FROM A WHERE B = '$CATEGORIE_ID'; Now how do I access the variable "var_px_cat" in unix after exiting from pl sql block. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theeights
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

accessing a variable or array of one script in another

hi all, i've a requirement like this. i want to access the contents of an array declared in one script,which is a bash script, to a second script which is a perl script. actually i want a sort of global variable which can be accessed in other script like environmen variables and also i can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tprayush
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing a variable from another file

HI all, How can i access a variable that is defined in another file as: $$Name= "abhinav; in my script. The catch is that it has 2 $s behind it... Thnaks ---------- Post updated at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:29 AM ---------- the file from which i have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav192
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing Multiple files using for loop

Hi All, I have some files in my directory, and i want to pull all data using for loop....I am using following code but getting error..! for file in {file1, file2, file3, ..... filen} do L="$(tail -1 $file)";NUM=${L%%|*};DAT=${L##*|} echo $NUM>>filedata.txt done Error: tail:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing local variable

Hi, Would like to know the purpose and accessing of local variable as in below code snippet: a=123 ( a=321; ) echo "a = $a" #This will print 123 How to access local a variable which is assigned with value 321 ?. .. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IND123
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Significance of ':-' while accessing a variable

Hi I was trying to understand what ':-' means when used with variables echo ${x:-10} if Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulfi123786
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with accessing value inside while loop, outside it

Hi, GetName() { if then echo " Please enter the name: " read Name tempvar=0 while read line do if then tempvar=`expr $tempvar + 1` echo $tempvar ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rituparna_gupta
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing multiple directories in loop

Hi Guys, I need to access multiple directories whcih is following similar structure and need to copy those files in desitination path. for eg : if ] then cd ${DIR}/Mon/loaded echo "copying files to $GRS_DIR" cp * ${DIR}/Mon/ echo "Files of Monday are Copied" fi if ] then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
5 Replies
GNOME(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GNOME(1)

gnome-wm - Launches the user selected window manager for the GNOME session

SYNOPSIS
gnome-wm [--default-wm windowmanager] [--sm-client-id id] DESCRIPTION
The gnome-wm script invokes the user selected window manager. If the user has not chosen a window manager it will try to launch a GNOME compliant window manager. The user can overwrite the selection of a window manager by setting the WINDOW_MANAGER environment variable. If a --default-wm option is given the script uses that window manager in case WINDOW_MANAGER is not set. If gnome-wm is given as the argument to --default-wm then it is the same as if no default was given. The script takes the --sm-client-id argument and translates the id to an appropriate option depending on which window manager was selected. ENVIRONMENT
The gnome-wm program uses the value of the WINDOW_MANAGER environment variable to let the user override the configured window manager. PERSISTENT SETTINGS
The program stores the current selection of a window manager in the gconf key /desktop/gnome/applications/window_manager/default SEE ALSO
gnome-session(1),default.session(5) BUGS
If you find bugs in the gnome-wm program, please report these using bug-buddy or the gnome-bug script included with the GNOME libraries distribution. GNOME 1.0 GNOME(1)