Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting part of a string : string manipulation Post 302627035 by itkamaraj on Friday 20th of April 2012 06:10:16 AM
Old 04-20-2012
Code:

echo "teCertificateId" | nawk '{gsub("^te|Id$","",$0);print}' 
Certificate

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

string manipulation

Hello, I have a korn shell string variable str1 = "A,B,Z" I would like to create another korn shell string variable str2 = "letter = 'A' or letter = 'B' or letter = 'Z' " Please help! Thanks in advance an UNIX newbie! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hai1973
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Manipulation Help

Hey Guys, Right i know how to alter a word to begin with a capital letter, i know how to remove unwanted characters and replace them with the relevant character however i don't now if there is a way to do them all in one line. Code: echo -n ${string:0:1} | tr a-z A-Z #convert first letter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadow0001
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting part of a string enclosed in brackets

I use otool on OS X to figure out the shared libraries that a binary uses. I run this command: otool -L /Applications/Vidnik\ 0.13.0/Vidnik.app/Contents/MacOS/Vidnik And it returns an output similar to this: /Applications/Vidnik 0.13.0/Vidnik.app/Contents/MacOS/Vidnik:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Manipulation

How u convert string "hi pravin how are you?" to "Hi Pravin How Are You?" (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String manipulation

Hi, I have the string like this ". Start : 06:53:11 - MON JUL 05, 2010" I need to print the part "06:53:11 - MON JUL 05, 2010" How i can do this? Thanks, Lenova (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lenova2010
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Manipulation

Write a shell program to display the position of the right - most character in a given input string. Example : Input : RAHUL Output : L is in the 5th position also tell me how to count length of string and how to find the position of specific character in left most side. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashwat2691
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

String Manipulation

Write a shell program to display the position of the right - most character in a given input string. Example : Input : RAHUL Output : L is in the 5th position also tell me how to count length of string and how to find the position of specific character in left most side. Homework... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashwat2691
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String manipulation

I want to do the next "I don't want to go school because I'm sick today." I want to join these two line but only when the first line is not more than 20 characters and ended whit nothing or a comma and the second line not more than 15. The 20 and the 15 can be change in the script. I know... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thailand
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String manipulation

Hello Could you help with small script: How to split string X1 into 3 string String X1 can have 1 or many strings X1='A1:B1:C1:D1:A2:B2:C2:D2:A3:B3:C3:D3' This is output which I want to have: Z1='A1:B1:C1:D1' Z2='A2:B2:C2:D2' Z3='A3:B3:C3:D3' (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
5 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

String manipulation

i have a string that am looking to extract all characters following 3 consecutiv numbers. Example my string is J1705PEAN038TDMN, i need to get TDMN My string can have multiple 3 consecutive numbers, i need what follows last occurance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigagigosu
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)