Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with searching a word,find the identifier under which it is there and giving a report Post 302626869 by i.srini89 on Thursday 19th of April 2012 11:08:16 PM
Old 04-20-2012
how to find the func name when a function name can be anything.

Forgot to mention this condition earlierSmilie. It is NOT the convention that function names should start with func. There can be a function name retNum in a file new.c.

Code:
int retNum(int n)
{
    int pendent = 0;
  /* Though 'pen' is present thrice in the function only one instance of retNum has to be given in the report*/
    pendent = n;
return pendent;
}

And the result should be like along with the earlier output.

Code:
new.c    retNum    pendent

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for key word within a file

Hello, I have a directory that holds all of my matlab codes. I am trying to run a searh on all of the matlab files that have the word "while" written inside the sytax of the code. Looking for all of the times that I did a while loop. Can someone help me do this? Thanks in advance. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moradwan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching word in files

hi all i want to search some word in file but i want that it will search in all the files that i have in all the directories i do'nt know the name of the file i know that grep command want some specified file in which command shell i used thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching word in a file with awk

Hello everyone! I use a script to query for installed packages with yum (I use RHEL 4 with yum installed) and the output is redirected to a file. My script scan this file to find a package and the version of it. The script works fine until I search for a package name with special characters.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: studieu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find and replace a line using a identifier

Hi all im having trouble starting with a shell script, i hope someone here can help me i have 2 files file1: 404905.jpg 516167 404906.jpg 516168 404917.psd 516183 404947.pdf 516250 file2: 516250 /tmp/RecyclePoster18241.pdf 516167 /tmp/ReunionCardFINAL.jpg 516168... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenray
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching in a while where a word is not there.

Hi, I am new to unix, pls help I have a file suc_Logfile file. liek this. output success success abc Now i need to generate a file in shell script where it shows only abc. Now i am doing like this grep "^successfully\|$" $suc_Logfile >> $Final_Suc Pls help. Thanks,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert tags in lines after searching for a word

Hi, I am new to Unix and this is my first post on this forum. I am trying to convert a file into an xml. In my input I want to search for any line that starts with a 'F' and make it a tag in the xml. See below for the input and output. Input : <Payment> <REFERENCE>78</REFERENCE> F123 : ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashgov
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a word in multiple files

Hi All, I have a issue in pulling some heavy records , I have my input file has 10,000 records which i need to compare with daily appended log files from (sep 1st 2009 to till date) . I tried to use grep fgrep and even sed , but the as time is factor for me , i cannot wait for 5 days to get the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_411
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a word in all the files (that contain the word) under a directory

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a simple way for replacing all the files under a directory that use the server "xsgd1234dap" with "xsdr3423pap". For Example: In the Directory, $pwd /home/nick $ grep -l "xsgd1234dap" *.sh | wc -l 119 I have "119" files that are still using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a word and increment the number in the word & save into new files

Hi All, I am looking for a perl/awk/sed command to auto-increment the numbers line in file, P1.tcl: run_build_model sparc_ifu_dec run_drc set_faults -model path_delay -atpg_effectiveness -fault_coverage add_delay_paths P1 set_atpg -abort_limit 1000 run_atpg -ndetects 1000 I would like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jypark22
6 Replies
itruns(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 itruns(8)

NAME
itruns - set up files for use by the it command SYNOPSIS
/sbin/itruns file [file...] in run-state [, file [file...] in run-state] [,...] DESCRIPTION
The itruns program sets up scripts to be run by it(8). (These programs are typically used within system configuration and installation scripts.) The itruns command searches for /sbin/it.d/bin/file. If itruns finds the file, it creates one or more symbolic links from /sbin/it.d/run-state.d/file to /sbin/it.d/bin/file. The run-state argument can be a single run state, or it can be two run states separated by either the word or or the word and. If two run states are specified with the or keyword, itruns checks for (and creates, if necessary) a directory whose name combines both run states and places a link in that directory so that the file will be executed when the it program detects either state. You can collapse two or-sepa- rated states into a single expression; for example, 2 or 3 can be expressed as 23. If the and keyword is used, itruns checks for (and cre- ates, if necessary) two separate directories and places a link in each of them so that either state triggers execution of the file indepen- dently of the other state. If two or more files are specified for a single run-state argument, links are created for all of the files as indicated by the run-state argument. If two or more combinations of files and run states are specified as comma-separated expressions, itruns treats each combination individu- ally. RESTRICTIONS
The itruns command must be executed from the root directory (/). The command finds only files that are located in the /sbin/it.d/bin direc- tory. EXAMPLES
This example sets up the doconfig script to be run when the system is booted to run state 2: itruns doconfig in 2 Either of the command lines in this example sets up the doconfig and getdate scripts to be run when the system is booted to run state 2 or to run state 3: itruns doconfig getdate in 2 or 3 itruns doconfig getdate in 23 This example sets up the doconfig script to be run when the system is booted to run state 2 and again when the system comes to run state 3, the getdate script to be run only in run state 2, and the getsysname script to be run only in run state 3: itruns doconfig in 2 and 3, getdate in 2, getsysname in 3 SEE ALSO
Commands: it(8) itruns(8)