Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris loginlog not registering failed logins Post 302626765 by gull04 on Thursday 19th of April 2012 06:32:27 PM
Old 04-19-2012
Hi,

Have you commented console out of /etc/default/login as this can sometimes be a problem.

Regards

Dave

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Problems registering

To the administrator I have created this global account "synamics" for our support team but have also tried creating a personal account "asayers" with the correct email address but the system has never emailed me my username and password when I request it and so cannot log in. My email address... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: synamics
1 Replies

2. Solaris

/var/adm/loginlog

As root I have created the loginlog file in /var/adm with permissions (r and w) for root:root only. Failed attempts(> 5) to log in as root do not get logged in the file. What am I missing?? I am on a Solaris 8 Box. :confused: :confused: :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: encrypted
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

limiting failed logins to three

I have tried limiting failed logins to three by the following method logins -ox \ | awk -F: '($8 != "LK" && $1 != "root") { print $1 }' \ | while read logname; do /usr/lbin/modprpw -m umaxlntr=3 "$logname" done /usr/lbin/modprdef -m umaxlntr=3 but it is failing on the 4th... any ideas?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Registering Load time

I have a site with a few hundred pages. I want to know which pages load in more than 6 seconds. Is it possible? Is there any shell script or tool for this purpose? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another question for tracking failed logins via script

Hello Experts, I have this initial shell script that tracks failed login attempts: #!/bin/bash #Fetch failed user logins to file failed-logins.txt grep -i failed /var/log/secure | awk '{ print $1, $2" ", $3" ", $9" ", $11 }' > failed-logins.txt #Splitting the failed-logins in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
10 Replies

6. AIX

AIX ftp/sftp script monitor to failed logins

Hi All, Any idea on how to write a script on AIX 5.3 to monitor ftp or sftp login failed. Thanks and more power, Itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

7. Solaris

sshd and loginlog

I have shamelessly tried all the possible ways to see if my /var/adm/loginlog logs user access entries for ssh but nothing has worked for me so far..:confused: for telnet login its working fine. Adding auth.info in syslog.conf works but i dont want that output. Is there any way to edit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
2 Replies

8. Programming

Xlib registering

hey, Im new to the linux world. Lately, I have tried to create a glx window with xlib, making it a popup window(fullscreen) so I set override_redirect to true. Im happy with the removed borders, but apparantly, the application doesnt show up in the left bar in ubuntu, neither when I press alt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thedardanius
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Problem registering a new system

Hi, A registered a new system the other day using the subscription-manager (RedHat ES6, Academic edition) but it's not showing up on the web site so that I can entitle it and get updates, etc. Any ideas? ~ Rob (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caspersgrin
1 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Registering from blocked country

Hi, I'm come from Vietnam and want to join to Unix forum just because I like Unix programming and want to learning more. My IP is allocate by DHCP server so it is dynamic. Here is my desired username and my email: Username: lucasdo Email: rennersstar@gmail.com Thank you very much for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasdo
0 Replies
console.perms(5)					   System Administrator's Manual					  console.perms(5)

NAME
console.perms - permissions control file for users at the system console DESCRIPTION
/etc/security/console.perms and .perms files in the /etc/security/console.perms.d directory determine the permissions that will be given to priviledged users of the console at login time, and the permissions to which to revert when the users log out. They are read by the pam_console_apply helper executable. The format is: <class>=space-separated list of words login-regexp|<login-class> perm dev-glob|<dev-class> revert-mode revert-owner[.revert-group] The revert-mode, revert-owner, and revert-group fields are optional, and default to 0600, root, and root, respectively. The words in a class definition are evaluated as globs if they refer to files, but as regular expressions if they apply to a console defi- nition. Do not mix them. Any line can be broken and continued on the next line by using a character as the last character on the line. The login-class class and the login-regexp word are evaluated as regular expressions. The dev-class and the dev-glob word are evaluated as shell-style globs. If a name given corresponds to a directory, and if it is a mount point listed in /etc/fstab, the device node associated with the filesystem mounted at that point will be substituted in its place. Classes are denoted by being contained in < angle bracket > characters; a lack of < angle brackets > indicates that the string is to be taken literally as a login-regexp or a dev-glob, depending on its input position. SEE ALSO
pam_console(8) pam_console_apply(8) console.apps(5) AUTHOR
Michael K. Johnson <johnsonm@redhat.com> Red Hat Software 2005/5/2 console.perms(5)