Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using Fractional Numbers in Shell Variables Post 302626687 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 19th of April 2012 03:41:04 PM
Old 04-19-2012
Hi, you need to use single parentheses, not double..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

add numbers in shell script

cat dailyreports | grep "Important list" | awk -F":" '{print $2}' | awk -F" " '{print $1}' hey guys, after running the above combination of cat and awk, i get the below output: 3 4 2 9 now, i need to add these numbers up all in one line. i dont know what to add to that cat and awk one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract numbers from a string and store in variables

Hi All, Is it possible in Unix shell script to extract numbers from a string containing ".", such as; 5.2.314 And store in variables so; var1 = 5 var2 = 2 var3 = 314 Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide dave (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: davewg
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can i use Variables in sed command in line numbers

I wish to give line number from one point to another in sed command like this sed -n 1,1000000p file1.txt >file2.txt but variable line number $x,$x+100000 can i give it cos i tried and it was giving an error any suggestions?/ Thx in advance AC (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bezudar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading numbers thru shell

Dear pal, I want to read only numbers thru a shell script, If user is trying to enter character it should block that ... Pls help to me find out a solution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagyaraj.p
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Doubt] How can I store numbers less than 1? Shell variables

Hi everyone, I am having some problems with my scripts so I hope you could help me. I am trying to store the result of a division in a variable in tcshell but I have the problem that if: For example, dividing 2/100 the result is 0.02 but if I store that I have "0". How can I have 0.02... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bloody
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - rounding fractional number

It seems that perl sprintf uses the round-to-even method: foreach my $i ( 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 ) { printf "$i -> %.0f\n", $i; } __END__ 0.5 -> 0 1.5 -> 2 2.5 -> 2 3.5 -> 4 4.5 -> 4 Where we probably wants to use round-half-up, i.e. output should be as below: 0.5 -> 1 1.5 -> 2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed command to display contents where line numbers are stored in variables

if i want to display the contents of a file between say line number 3 and 10 then i use the following command sed -n '3,10p' filename if this 3 was contained in x and 10 was contained in y then how wud this command modified? sed -n '$x,$yp' filename does not work..please advise (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing text variables that have numbers in CShell

Hello, I have a case where I need to process an environment variable text value in CShell to calculate the product of 2 numbers stated in the variable string having the format "<first_number>Letter x<second_number>". Ex: $VAR = "24x20" I need to set $VAR_PRODUCT = "Product of 20 and 24"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help about using variables of float numbers in sed

Hi, I need to run a Fortran program which reads a input file with a fixed name many times, each time I need to change a number (real) in that input file, this is how I currently do it and I know it is not elegent at all: cp inputfile.dat backup.dat sed -i 's/28.0/0.01/g' inputfile.dat ./myCode... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dypang
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing multiple variables containing numbers

a=1 456 b=4928 c=23 d=456 I want to compare four variables to get the name of the variable having the highest number (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
2 Replies
Pango::Matrix(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Pango::Matrix(3)

NAME
Pango::Matrix HIERARCHY
Glib::Boxed +----Pango::Matrix METHODS
matrix = Pango::Matrix->new ($xx=1., $xy=0., $yx=0., $yy=1., $x0=0., $y0=0.) o $xx (double) o $xy (double) o $yx (double) o $yy (double) o $x0 (double) o $y0 (double) $matrix->concat ($new_matrix) o $new_matrix (Pango::Matrix) $matrix->rotate ($degrees) o $degrees (double) $matrix->scale ($scale_x, $scale_y) o $scale_x (double) o $scale_y (double) (dx, dy) = $matrix->transform_distance ($dx, $dy) o $dx (double) o $dy (double) Since: pango 1.16 array reference = $matrix->transform_pixel_rectangle ($rect) o $rect (array reference) Since: pango 1.16 (x, y) = $matrix->transform_point ($x, $y) o $x (double) o $y (double) Since: pango 1.16 array reference = $matrix->transform_rectangle ($rect) o $rect (array reference) Since: pango 1.16 $matrix->translate ($tx, $ty) o $tx (double) o $ty (double) double = $matrix->x0 ($new) o $new (double) double = $matrix->xx ($new=0) o $new (double) double = $matrix->xy ($new) o $new (double) double = $matrix->y0 ($new) o $new (double) double = $matrix->yx ($new) o $new (double) double = $matrix->yy ($new) o $new (double) SEE ALSO
Pango, Glib::Boxed COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2009 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Pango for a full notice. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 Pango::Matrix(3)