Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Absolute and maximum
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Absolute and maximum Post 302626435 by Epsilon on Thursday 19th of April 2012 09:52:03 AM
Old 04-19-2012
can you display a small portion of file u are talking about...

I meant to see how many fields are there in your file...since you are talking about rows * cols i.e. a table of numbers.

Last edited by Epsilon; 04-19-2012 at 11:04 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting absolute value ksh

Hi, I am trying to find out how to get an absolute value for integer in ksh. I tried using abs... but that doesn't work ! this is the workaround I did, but isn't there an inbuilt function to get absolute value for any variable ! Please help as i am new to unix :confused: Thanks, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: icyhot
3 Replies

2. Programming

absolute path

How to find out the absolute path of a file in C/C++? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filedeliver
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get absolute filename

How would I get the absolute filename of a selected file...I want to control click...I already have the context menu all set to run a script...I just need to be able to get the file name of the file I control clicked on. In windows it is as follows: set filename=%~f1 set name=%~n1 set... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mainegate
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

absolute path

is cd ~ considered an absolute path? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kirichiko
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Absolute value

Is there a function in awk to get the absolute value of a-b which can be negative or positive, I just care for the absolute value... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: placroix1
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

absolute value

is there any function in unix which will convert a integer to absolute value with a single decimal point. suppose x=15232 y=x/1024=14.875 i want y to be 14.8 Similarly if y=6.29452 it should come as 6.3 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

absolute sum

Hi, i want to caluculate sum and absolute sum information of the 2nd column. sum(abs(ENO)),sum(ENO) file1 contains the employee information. "abc","+10000.00","100" "bbc","-3000.00","400" "cbc","+20000.90","500" "dbc","-4000.00","600" output should get this Sum(abs(eno)) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort by absolute value

Hi, I have a file as follows: |-30.0|Appls. executing in db manager currently = 2 |-80.0|Locks held currently = 1 | 90.0|High water mark (bytes) = 65536 |-50.0|Configured size (bytes) = 16777216 |-100.0|Current size (bytes) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Absolute value function

None know if exists a function/command that get the absolute value for a number? Thanks:) (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steph85
14 Replies
menu_format(3X) 														   menu_format(3X)

NAME
menu_format - set and get menu sizes SYNOPSIS
#include <menu.h> int set_menu_format(MENU *menu, int rows, int cols); void menu_format(const MENU *menu, int *rows, int *cols); DESCRIPTION
The function set_menu_format sets the maximum display size of the given menu. If this size is too small to display all menu items, the menu will be made scrollable. If this size is larger than the menus subwindow and the subwindow is too small to display all menu items, post_menu() will fail. The default format is 16 rows, 1 column. Calling set_menu_format with a null menu pointer will change this default. A zero row or column argument to set_menu_format is interpreted as a request not to change the current value. The function menu_format returns the maximum-size constraints for the given menu into the storage addressed by rows and cols. RETURN VALUE
These routines returns one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_POSTED The menu is already posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the menu. SEE ALSO
curses(3X), menu(3X). NOTES
The header file <menu.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V menu library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. menu_format(3X)