Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using sed command replace date variable in unix Post 302626431 by Corona688 on Thursday 19th of April 2012 09:48:36 AM
Old 04-19-2012
You cannot substitute variables inside single quotes, must be double quotes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with sed command to replace line with sed command in it

Okay, title is kind of confusion, but basically, I have a lot of scripts on a server that I need to replace a ps command, however, the new ps command I'm trying to replace the current one with pipes to sed at one point. So now I am attempting to create another script that replaces that line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoke unix variable in SED command

Hi, I am trying tio invoke unix variable in a sed command like below, but it seems to be failing.. a=1 sed -n '$a,$p' file.txt ### Failing but a=1 sed -n '1,$p' files.txt ### Works fine Please help me to fix this... Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjayraghavan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using file-and-replace sed command with the use of a variable?

Ok, so, let's say I have the variable $GMAILID....How can I use it with sed command so to replace a string in a file? e.g.: sed -i 's/$GMAILID/test@gmail.com/' /home/$USER/Desktop/sendmail (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace with a variable in sed command

Hello, I have this command and it works fine. My question is that how can we replace the N by a variable, to print for instance a big number of lines. It means if I want 100 lines after an expression, to not put "N" 100 times in the sed. Code: $ sed -n '/aaa/{n;N;N;s///g;s/;/; /g;p;}'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rany1
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to pass value of pwd as variable in SED to replace variable in a script file

Hi all, Hereby wish to have your advise for below: Main concept is I intend to get current directory of my script file. This script file will be copied to /etc/init.d. A string in this copy will be replaced with current directory value. Below is original script file: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cielle
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed convert date/replace

Hi, I wold like to replace this 2012 Mar 02 to this 20120302. i have already this code: ls -lrt | awk '{ print $8$6$7 }'| sed -e s/*:*/'2013'/g -e s/'Jan'/01/g -e s/'Feb'/02/g -e s/'Mar'/03/g -e s/'Apr'/04/g -e s/'May'/05/g -e s/'Jun'/06/g -e s/'Jul'/07/g -e s/'Aug'/08/g -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: snayper
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace slash in date format only

Hello experts. I haven't been able to find a solution for this using the sed command. I only want to replace the forward slash with string "FW_SLASH" only if there's a number right after the slash while preserving the original number. I have a file containing 2 entries: Original File:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] sed - how replace date in script

Hi All, I have a requirement to find and replace old date with new date value. Below is the scenario: # In the input file, date is MM/DD/YYYY format PREV_DTE=09/15/2013 I want to replace with 09/30/2013. It should look like PREV_DTE=09/30/2013 I am using below sed command :... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockygsd
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to replace a parameter(variable) date value inside a text files daily with current date?

Hello All, we what we call a parameter file (.txt) where my application read dynamic values when the job is triggered, one of such values are below: abc.txt ------------------ line1 line2 line3 $$EDWS_DATE_INSERT=08-27-2019 line4 $$EDWS_PREV_DATE_INSERT=08-26-2019 I am trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepp
1 Replies
IMPRESSIVE-GETTRANSITIONS(1)				      Debian GNU/Linux manual				      IMPRESSIVE-GETTRANSITIONS(1)

NAME
impressive-gettransitions - Generate Impressive info scripts for LaTeX presentations SYNOPSIS
impressive-gettransitions FILE.tex DESCRIPTION
A simple script to produce a .info file for use with Impressive, using special comments in a LaTeX/Beamer file. FILE.tex is a file to be parsed into .info file. For each /fullpath/blah.tex /fullpath/blah.pdf.info gets produced. SYNTAX
In the LaTeX document, impressive-gettransitions counts the pages to determine the PDF slide number of each one. The simpler page changes are automatically detected, that is: egin{frame} and: pause Other, more elaborated page changes must be noted with a %O comment: item<1-> Foo item<2-> Bar %O The transition to apply can be specified in a %O comment: egin{frame} %O SlideUp OPERATION
When the .info file corresponding to the LaTeX document already exist, impressive-gettransitions does not clear it, but only adds the transitions if finds to it. Thus, if you modified your document in a way that requires to completely replace the transitions, manually clear the PageProps section of the .info file. This can be done by running the following sed command: sed -i -e "/^PageProps = {/,/^}/d" FILE.info SEE ALSO
impressive(1) AUTHOR
impressive-gettransitions (originally gettransitions) has been written by Rob Reid. This manpage has been originally written by Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com>. Debian Project 2012-02-10 IMPRESSIVE-GETTRANSITIONS(1)