Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Help with grep printing multiple lines. Post 302626177 by itkamaraj on Thursday 19th of April 2012 03:41:10 AM
Old 04-19-2012
Code:

awk '/AllServiceType/ {print;getline;print}' input.txt

This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep on multiple lines

I 'm trying to grep 2 fieldds on 2 differnt lines. Like this: psit > file egrep -e '(NS|ES)' $file. Not working. If this succeeds then run next cmd else exit. Pls Help Gundu (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gundu
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep multiple lines

Hey guys: I've been meaning to post this question for awhile...it is regarding grep. Let's say for example that the following entry is in logxx: Wed Feb 2 07:44:11 <vsm> 91030 Line 5 Severity 1 Vps 6 Call Answered - DN:8753101 CLID:5164665761 PI:83 If I do a grep 91030... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
27 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing out multiple lines with a correct format

Hello, This is my first post and I've just started on UNIX in school. A file name "list" has the following content (excluding the numbers and the bottom part): 1 2 3 4 5 6 0123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890 IT ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cooolway
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Printing Multiple Lines after pattern match

Hello People, Need some assistance/guidance. OUTLINE: Two files (File1 and File2) File1 has some ids such as 009463_3922_1827 897654_8764_5432 File2 has things along the lines of: Query= 009463_3922_1827 length=252 (252 letters) More stufff here ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deep9000
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required on grep command(Skip the first few lines from printing in the output)

Hi experts I want the proper argument to the grep command so that I need to skip the first few lines(say first 10 lines) and print all the remaining instances of the grep output. I tried to use grep -m 10 "search text" file*. But this gives the first 10 instances(lines) of the search string.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep in multiple lines

hi i have kind of below text in a file. I want to get a complete paragraph starting with START and ending with before another START) which has a particular string say XYZ or ABC START XYZ hshjghkjh 45 ljkfd fldjlj d jldf START 3493u ABC 454 4545454 4545454 45454 4545454 START ...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep across multiple lines

How do you grep 'select * from table_name' string from a script if the select * and from table_name are on 2 different lines ? like select * from table_name Any help would be greatly appreciated !!! Thanks RDR (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RDR
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble printing multiple lines to a new file

Hi, I'm trying to auto generate some php files with a default preamble at the top which is a block comment. The problem is that my output has no new lines and it looks like the output from "ls" is being printed after everyline This is my code #!/bin/bash read -d '' pre_amble... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: racshot65
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing multiple lines on the same line between specific text

This is an extract from a large file. The lines that start with fc are ports on a fabric switch. In between each fc port there is information about the port. fc2/12 is up Port description is SEIEDISCOVER-3 Speed is 4 Gbps fc2/13 is down (Administratively down) fc2/14 is up Port... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)