Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: os x hdiutil expert needed
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users os x hdiutil expert needed Post 302626037 by nextyoyoma on Wednesday 18th of April 2012 06:15:58 PM
Old 04-18-2012
Unfortunately I don't think that hdiutil reports a block count for disk images. Do you know of another way to get this information? I could find it for the compressed image file, but not for the size the image is when mounted.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

expert vi commands

:) Hi UNIX friends, Where do I get advanced vi commands to practice. Please Help Me. Love (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Love
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Expert Opinion

This perhaps does not belong in ths category; apologies, however, we have a heated debate going and your input will decide the result. Should UNIX (HP, AIX, etc) be rebooted following a monthly cycle (Every month, or a qtr, etc.). We have some UX admins (grumps) who say they have seen a UX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expert cp command

How can I use the cp command to copy every file that I can find inside several folders cp -R *test* folder Supose there is ./122342343teste122343.txt ./bound/123teste1223453.txt ./feed/123teste1223453.txt and i want the files 122342343teste122343.txt, bound/123teste1223453.txt... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lipe.82
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Becoming a Solaris expert?

Hello everyone, how do you really study to become an expert in solaris OS? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse hdiutil -plist data for specific info

I am trying to get the mounted size of a compressed .dmg. I can use hdiutil imageinfo -plist $imagename to get a lot of info, including what I need. The problem is that I have no idea how to parse that single piece of info into a variable (or in this case, array element). Here is what I have so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing the Shell Script [Expert Advise Needed]

I have prepared a shell script to find the duplicates based on the part of filename and retain latest. #!/bin/bash if ; then mkdir -p dup fi NOW=$(date +"%F-%H:%M:%S") LOGFILE="purge_duplicate_log-$NOW.log" LOGTIME=`date "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"` echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gold2k8
6 Replies
HMSA(1) 							 Hatari utilities							   HMSA(1)

NAME
hmsa - Atari MSA / ST disk image creator and converter SYNOPSIS
hmsa diskimage [disksize] DESCRIPTION
Hmsa is little program to create compressed Atari MSA (Magic Shadow Archiver) and uncompressed ST disk images and to convert disk images between these two formats. MSA and ST image format saving code is same as in Hatari itself. USAGE
If you give only one parameter, the file name of an existing MSA or ST disk image, this image will be converted to the other disk image format under a suitable new file name. If the file does not exist and you give also a disk size: SS Single Sided (360KB) DS Double Sided (720KB) HD High Density (1.44MB) ED Extended Density (2.88MB) An empty disk of the given size will be created. Disk image format is recognized based on the file name extension (either .msa or .st). EXAMPLES
Create a normal double sided empty ST disk image: hmsa blank.st DS Convert an MSA format disk image to an ST format one: hmsa disk.msa SEE ALSO
hatari(1), zip2st(1), atari-hd-image(1) AUTHOR
Written by Thomas Huth <huth at tuxfamily.org>. This manual page added by Eero Tamminen <oak at helsinkinet fi>. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. NO WARRANTY
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. Hatari 2010-05-30 HMSA(1)