Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Timestamp problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Timestamp problem Post 302625827 by joeyg on Wednesday 18th of April 2012 11:07:10 AM
Old 04-18-2012
Hammer & Screwdriver Current epoxh time

As I type this, the current epoch time in seconds is:

or formatted to see how many digits:
so only ten digits.

Thus, no idea what a 17 digits number would represent. Maybe seconds since the dinosaurs ruled the planet?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

timestamp problem

hi, from a shell script I am copying 2 different set of files in 2 different directories and then it ftp the same set files to another server 2 different directories. the dest directories where it is copying the files own by a different user and required permission is there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar
0 Replies

2. Programming

timestamp conversion problem.

Hi all. I have the following code: #include<stdio.h> #include<time.h> int main() { struct tm tm; time_t time = 1262322000; /*Jan, 01, 2010*/ char temp; int i = 0; while(i < 4) { memset(temp, 0, 128); localtime_r(&time,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adm1n
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting a relative timestamp from timestamp stored in a file

Hi, I've a file in the following format 1999-APR-8 17:31:06 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:15 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:25 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:30 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:31:55 1500 3 45 1999-APR-8 17:32:06 1500 3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Appending timestamp problem

Hi, I am trying to insert a timestamp after all the file names in a folder,after the timestamp is created in the filename the file size is becoming zero bytes. please tell me where I am doing it wrong. I have declared the variable in starting of my script. timestamp=`date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare a file by its timestamp and store in a different location whenever timestamp changes?

Hi All, I am new to unix programming. I am trying for a requirement and the requirement goes like this..... I have a test folder. Which tracks log files. After certain time, the log file is getting overwritten by another file (randomly as the time interval is not periodic). I need to preserve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsara
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying files with a timestamp greater than a given timestamp

I need to be able to identify files with file timestamps greater than a given timestamp. I am using the following solution, although it appears to compare files at the "seconds" granularity and I need it at the milliseconds. When I tested my solution, it missed files that had timestamps... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Timestamp

Hi Team, i need some help on finding one hour back time. if current time is 5:18:22 means i have to find 4:18:22 i am having scenario to pull record which as got inserted morethan one hour back in table time stamp is 2014-12-22 05:15:13.788875 can any one help me on this Thanks Vij (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar v
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX : Need to convert UNIX Timestamp to normal timestamp

Hello , I am working on AIX. I have to convert Unix timestamp to normal timestamp. Below is the file. The Unix timestamp will always be preceded by EFFECTIVE_TIME as first field as shown and there could be multiple EFFECTIVE_TIME in the file : 3.txt Contents of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp

So basically I have a log file and each line in this log file starts with a timestamp: MON DD HH:MM:SS SEP 15 07:30:01 I need to grep all the lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp. Then these lines will be moved to a tmp file from which I will grep for particular strings. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nms
1 Replies
PLGXAX(3plplot) 						    PLplot API							   PLGXAX(3plplot)

NAME
plgxax - Get x axis parameters SYNOPSIS
plgxax(digmax, digits) DESCRIPTION
Returns current values of the digmax and digits flags for the x axis. digits is updated after the plot is drawn, so this routine should only be called after the call to plbox(3plplot) (or plbox3(3plplot)) is complete. See the PLplot documentation for more information. Redacted form: plgxax(digmax, digits) This function is used in example 31. ARGUMENTS
digmax (PLINT *, output) Pointer to variable with the maximum number of digits for the x axis. If nonzero, the printed label has been switched to a floating point representation when the number of digits exceeds digmax. digits (PLINT *, output) Pointer to variable with the actual number of digits for the numeric labels (x axis) from the last plot. AUTHORS
Geoffrey Furnish and Maurice LeBrun wrote and maintain PLplot. This man page was automatically generated from the DocBook source of the PLplot documentation, maintained by Alan W. Irwin and Rafael Laboissiere. SEE ALSO
PLplot documentation at http://plplot.sourceforge.net/resources. August, 2012 PLGXAX(3plplot)